Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Ibanez are great guitars. Good value for money. There is thread about it on Talkbass too: https://www.talkbass.com/threads/is-the-ibanez-sr500-a-good-buy.1249830/

7 Likes

I had an SR805, fine bass, same pickups.

I currently have an sr600e on order, if that’s any indication of how much I like this line of basses.

7 Likes

I’ve got an SR650 ( my first bass) and it’s great . Slim fast neck, good preamp, good pickups, light etc etc

I believe @Lanny has a SR500, Big Red?

7 Likes

Gorgeous finish

6 Likes

Not a bad deal at all. The case is pretty cool!!

4 Likes

I like the white but I did buy a Pearl white pick guard and I put it on it looks ok. Then I was thinking maybe I just get a black one.

4 Likes

Big Red’s a TRBX304 I think.

2 Likes

Mine arrives on Thursday and I am beyond excited. This is my 50th birthday gift to myself. I have cleaned and polished her spot in my music room and a new stand is poised, waiting to accept her.

5 Likes

Have you checked out the new 2021 SR600E model. A bit more $$ but possibly worth it for the upgrades. The new Nordstrand pickups, in particular, are getting good reviews. IBANEZ SOUNDGEAR - SR600E & SR605E BASSES - YouTube

6 Likes

They look pretty awesome. A while back someone linked to a talkbass post by Carey himself talking about how he came up with them for Ibanez.

4 Likes

Gives me hope; I haven’t heard anything on when they ship. Where did you get yours may I ask?

4 Likes

Oh is it! Oooppppsssss

3 Likes

I purchased it from Better Music, based in Canberra. The distributor shipped stock to them last week and they sent mine out yesterday afternoon.

6 Likes

Should be picking up my new bass next week :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I have been looking for a cheap P bass to mod up like I did my Squire Jazz.
I was trying to decide on a white bass / black hardware theme or a red bass / black hardware theme or a red bass / gold hardware theme.

When I saw those new Les Claypool EMGs that @Al1885 had on that bass of his it skewed me to red bass / gold hardware.
I wasn’t quite finding the color combos I was looking for in a used bass, as I wanted a maple fretboard for this one.
After a lot of looking this week on the used market, something cool happened.

I had been waiting for some ‘atta boy reward points’ at work that they give out for various awards and things. You can shop an online catalog and buy watches, toasters, iPads, speakers, etc or, you can get gift cards to certain places, one of them being Guitar Center. Those showed up yesterday.

I also just put my Michael Kelly Fretless A/E on facebook and craigslist to sell, however, GC was running a ‘sell us your gear’ thing this weekend.

Long story longer… took a trip to Long Island City today to look at a P they had listed as in stock. It’s red, but not cheap and not the direction I was heading but…

A red Fender Vintera with gold anodized pickguard.

GC gave me in credit what I paid for the Michael Kelly (saves me the hassle of trying to make a few bucks more on the open market or worse, having to ship it to sell it.
GC also gives you 10% off anything you apply your trade in towards.
And with the GC gift cards I got GC actually paid me $59 to take this home…

It’s going to get all gold hardware at some point, and those Les Claypool p’ups when they come out, but for now I have to say the growl in the p’ups this thing has in it is extraordinary!

So my plan took a little different route, but the price couldn’t be beat!

17 Likes

Nice. Classic red and gold. Now I want one too. :smile:

5 Likes

Here’s my only axe. 2014 MIM Fender Jazz 70s (bridge pickup further back) in Sunburst. One day I will owe a vintage one but this repro is great to learn on it has a great tone through my Ampeg combo amp.

11 Likes

Get a modern vintage not the real vintage. Neck adjustment is a bitch, lol. Love the neck with binding. It looks very cool.

7 Likes

Thanks I guess I mean better quality then made in Mexico

4 Likes

That red one above is MIM. I think its a solid build.
Your J bass is sweet, that neck binding is really sharp indeed.
Love the matching cord too.
I started on a cheap squire 70’s jazz and LOVE it, modded the heck out of it and LOVE it even more.

6 Likes