Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

I have a whole room here you can store your overflow in.
A full bedroom, sitting empty.
Low rent, just get to play them a little bit here and there. :wink::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Awesome score. I recently saw a lobster video that included the cutlass - first time I had ever heard of it, but I put it on my list to keep an eye out for… Great find… Enjoy it…

6 Likes

It feels amazing. I am not sure if it is exa tly a stingray neck or a little different, but it sure feels nice, smooth as silk.

Sounds great too. Al @Al1885 was jamming to a tune on it, thru a great little Genzler mini head and speaker cab.

What is the name of that App again Al?

He has this app on his ipad, you play the song thru it, and it has all the instruments picked out in 5 segments.
Drums
Voice
Bass,
Guitar
???

Don’t recall the exact set up, I didn’t look that close, but he can play the song thru the app on the Ipad, thru the aux in on the amp, and visibly, there are slides to increase or lower each part of the song.
So turn the bass down all the way, and off you go

Turn the voice off, then karaoke time
Or turn off the drums and play the drums, same with guitar.

At least thatts what it appeared like to me.
It looked like something WAY TOO GOOD to be true.
And it was an App, but I forget the name.

3 Likes

Moises. It’s pretty cool but the count in is still in beta.

3 Likes

Thanks.

It’s definitely my favorite p bass. Very premium feel. This definitely feels better than fender ultra. Like lobster said the knobs feel premium, heavy and smooth.

3 Likes

Hey! I currently own two basses, one electric and one semi acoustic.
In the photo you can see them both.
My Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar bass & my fairly new Ibanez PNB14E, short scale and small in size, but create tone and so much fun to play. I do love playing them both, and off course I have an extensive list of Basses in my Wish list. I just ordered an Ibanez Standard SR370E from SweetWater, wanting a bass with more than 20 frets and easier access to the higher frets than on my Squier. Next in line would be a more classic P-style bass that is passive vs my (soon two) active basses. Cheers!

16 Likes

That Jag 's a beaut.

6 Likes

Sure is. Love it!

5 Likes

That jag is hawt

6 Likes

As I am about to donate my beginner bass (a P copy) to a local music school, I was looking for a replacement, somewhen down the line. I am more into Jazz style basses and “modern” basses, but figured I wanted to have a P again at some point… not necessarily a Fender, though :grin:

So, when @EddieJones recently introduced us to the AIO Guitar basses out of LA, I got intrigued, and at that price point, I was like “what the heck” and went ahead and ordered one.

I got it yesterday, and, man, what a great bass! It looks good, it feels good and it sounds good! All that for USD 450 is really hard to believe. I haven’t found anything wrong with it yet, not even a blemish, and the finish and setup are very, very good. Fret corners are super smooth and the action is set to medium-low (you can specify that when you order!). It came with D’Addario med-light round wounds (45-65-80-100), and the strings and ebony fretboard alone should be worth the 450 :wink:

It has a great punchy P tone. They use pups that are wound on a CNC machine; they are pretty hot, but maybe that is also because of this!?!

Is that “normal”? It doesn’t bother me, and probably can be fixed easily, but it means the magnets are closer to the strings, which might be an issue for people digging in hard or slapping…

Oh, and the bass is fairly light - they claim about 7-8 lbs.

So, if any of you are looking for an inexpensive great looking, great sounding passive P (copy), these are definitely worth checking out! (@tbird !?)

And FedEx got it here in a jiff and since they first fly into their hub in Paris and then some other hub in Germany, it seems Danish customs didn’t even notice what I “snuck” into the country :grin:

23 Likes

Ooh that’s a very nice looking bass.

6 Likes

Wow, that’s beautiful. Congratulations and many hours of happy playing!

6 Likes

It is indeed very pretty: matching headstock, dark fretboard and that Aerodyne-like highlight around the edges :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Thank you, @JerryP !

Have you secured your “island” bass yet??

6 Likes

Wow, yeah, that is a beauty there Joerg.
Hmmm
I will certainly keep an eye out for some of those.

6 Likes

Bound edges are a nice touch. The G&L Tribute JB at around that price is bound body and neck. Al pointed that out to me on the one I played in the local music store.
It was a similar color too, but a Jazz, not a P. I like the P better myself, and yours is cool.
Just imagine if they bound the neck AND headstock. I think its a cool touch, .It would be too much if it were on every bass, but it works when it is done, as far as ones I have seen.

6 Likes

Thanks Toby! Yeah, so far, I like everything about it (and yes, I realize these might not be as re-sell-able as more known brands…)

A nice touch indeed. The matching headstock was more of a “winner” for me, but I’ll take the bound edges :grin:

5 Likes

Looks good @joergkutter ,
Love the colour,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

I, uhm, let my wife pick that one :grin: :wink:

It’s a cool color though!

7 Likes

She has great taste :slight_smile:

5 Likes