Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Nice clan @Artman !

6 Likes

Nice gear @Artman !

4 Likes

Well this was a bit unexpected since I just got my Solar bass, but I ended up with a Warwick Corvette from '96. :smiley: It’s similar to @Mac but with 5 strings and this one is passive.

14 Likes

Very nice @Paul . Looks in real good shape.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I’m enjoying getting to know mine.

4 Likes

Now you need some wenge wooden tuner pegs @Paul :joy:

7 Likes

Thanks @Mac! Haha for now I am fine with the chrome tuners. I’m just giving the wood a few days before I do some thorough cleaning. The action is a bit low so might need some truss rod adjustments. Maybe some new strings (wanted to try out the NYXL).

3 Likes

Neat! I bet it sounds reeealy growly.

4 Likes

I would have loved the chrome set up on mine rather than the black. I actually priced the swap up but it’s ridiculously expensive.
Cleaning is great fun and strangely satisfying

3 Likes

Yeah that B string is something else. :joy:

3 Likes

Very nice @Paul
There’s a bit of a Warwick explosion going on in the forum at the moment. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So this post is really about 6 weeks over due :roll_eyes: but I finally got my second bass, and stopped playing it long enough to post about it. :laughing:

I told myself if I could stick with the bass thing for over a year I’d buy myself something nice. Well, a year and a half later I still LOVE playing bass and continue to learn and grow. Soooooooo… I bought myself a present from Sweetwater.

Enter the Schecter SLS Elite-4, in black fade burst. :sunglasses: It was a tough call between this color and the all black evil twin (same bass). But seeing the black fade burst in person I think I made the right call (for me anyway). It’s a little unnerving dropping that much $$$ on something site unseen other than pictures and sound demos on the internet, but WOW am I happy with it!!!

I absolutely LOVE this bass!!! The Fishman Fluence pickups and pre amp are awesome. The voicing switch to go between Classic, funk, and modern is a total win. The bass just sounds great, and is a dream to play. It’s a quite a step up from my Ibanez SR370E, which I still own and like. But I honestly have only touched it once since I got the Schecter, so the Ibanez may be for sale soon.

These pics don’t honestly do it justice, but I was fighting off my dog to take these so they aren’t my best photo work.

L8r
Chris

31 Likes

Congrats, @csmundell . . . :slight_smile: . . . beautiful woodgrain, too!

Wishing you good luck and lot of happy playing

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Wow. That is a gorgeous instrument. I’m jealous. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very cool!

4 Likes

Schecter rules! Nice bass :metal:

4 Likes

I have to admit that I’m a bit of a traditionalist. I don’t like active pickups. I don’t like most modern designs. My thought is, “I have a jazz bass and a p-bass, what more does anyone need?”
But … dayum! That is beautiful! Well done!

4 Likes

Beautiful bass! Many years of happy playing!

4 Likes

So, I never really planed on buying buying 1 basses, let alone 2/

First. i found this older model Ibanez that I feel in love with at AB Music Shop, the place Al Bought his EBMM Cutlass. the shop price was pretty reasonable, and had the Ibanez lisetd around $349. I never thought too much about other then loving the look, and feel when I played it.
For a refresher, here is a photo
E.jpeg)

Well, a day or two ago, browsing on Offer Up, I came across this one. In just as good a shapd, and I even like the color better, ai for $140, I bought it.

It is an Ibanez SRX 400. Now, I know I have been giving less then settler reviews of late, especially the SR250, SR300 and SR400’s. I have called them “Flimsy” for lack of a better word, and even saying they feel kind of like a “Toy” after playing my other basses, my Stingray’, and LTD’s.

well, I can say for sure, that I am completely satisfied with this bass so far.
It needs strings, a good cleaning, and then I will need to give the Active Tone pot (strange is the world of active 2 and 3 band pre-amps, this one will be different for sure. UNLESS it is truly an active pick up, whit a tone control. But I am sure to find out tomorrow when I jam it.

Regardless, for $140, I couldn’t bass it up.

And another great deal, brings me to my next post…
Wait for it

14 Likes

Squire Vintage Modified (Edited from Classic Vibe after John pointed out the likelihood it is Vintage Mod and not Classic Vibe due to the use of Duncan Design P Pick up) P bass. Retail for about $399 (or todays standards would be what the Classic Vibe is $479).

This one was listed as an affinity for $170, and although I almost bought it us cuz of the color, and thought, it wold be. perfect project bass. Throw on a maple neck, high Mass bridge, lightweight tuners, and maybe some other extras,

So, after meeting with the guy today, and offering $150 for the bass he listed for $170, I ended up with this beauty for $150

13 Likes

Yeah that’s nice :sunglasses:

5 Likes