Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Agreed, Jerry @JerryP . . . :thinking:

I say keep the pickguard on too, @PamPurrs

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Okay, the “Keep the pickguard on” voters have it. I voted for leave it off, but Sara overruled me. So here’s what I did:
I painted the pickguard and the metal support black. Sara made a vinyl rose for it, and I put it back on. I like the look. I’m also going to paint the cover for the control panel black, but I’ll need Sara to make the graphics to put on it. I asked her to do it, and she just looked at me and signed, “Where are you taking me out to dinner?”.
I guess I’ll save that project for another day.

While she was at it, she also made a rose for my keyboard and put it right above middle C.

13 Likes

Actually @JerryP and @Jazzbass19 you ARE the majority. Sara voted to keep the pick guard on, and her vote carries a lot of weight.

6 Likes

This was me from 50 years ago. Is this a Hofner? I don’t remember.

8 Likes

It most certainly is. Do you still have it??? It’s worth a fortune if you do.

3 Likes

Unfortunately no.

4 Likes

That Sara is one smart cookie!
That not only looks great, but has PAM written all over it.
Will lookeven more amazing once you take Sara to dinner…

3 Likes

Damn!

3 Likes

Man - that is just pure sex!

5 Likes

Black control panel will be the icing on the cake. Go for it!

3 Likes

OK, I was on the fence about keeping the pickguard on the Pam’s Hofner club until I saw the picture of black-painted pickguard with rose. WOW, that is something special! Thanks to Sara for her creativity, and thanks to Pam for sharing.

I have the Hofner ignition violin bass and really like it, but I’m craving the Hofner club as well.

3 Likes

I have the violin also and they are both special in their own way.
I hereby inject you with GAS and instruct you to get online and purchase a Hofner Club. :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Bit late to the party but initially I was in the “no” camp but the change to black and the addition of the rose ( which is very beautifully painted btw) screams PamPurrs . Great choice and most certainly your trade mark @PamPurrs

3 Likes

Oh, I’m already infected with GAS, just trying to moderate my habit. I’m also thinking I need a new bass to tune BEAD . . .

4 Likes

Thank you!
The rose IS my trademark. My middle name is Rose, so I like to put roses on everything.

3 Likes

The thought of tuning my Club bass to BEAD has crossed my mind many times. I keep thinking I’m going to do it, and then I talk myself out of it.

2 Likes

That turned out super nicely, looks way better than the white.

4 Likes

Thanks @howard

3 Likes

The pièce de résistance! Sara and I had a nice Italian dinner and a bottle of pinot noir (Sara had Pepsi as she is the designated driver). We talked about this over dinner, and when we got home dove right back into it.
Here it is with the control panel painted black. Sara is going to do the overlay of the text tomorrow.
This is what you call a Pamped out bass!

17 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes