Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Killer!! Man, you’re gonna get good fast now, just from having a bass that you love to play, and that feels right - makes a difference!

2 Likes

I expect it will. Like you said, it ticks a lot of boxes, and I can’t see myself needing or even wanting a new bass for a very long time. The only exception would be something SUPER cheap ($50 or under) that I can take apart and tinker with or maybe a 5string one day very far I’m the future.

1 Like

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. Getting that case was a pretty cool bonus.
Congratulations @brandoncmurphy.

Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. I think you made the right choice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! Great axe! Have oodles of fun with it!!

1 Like

Doesn’t Batman play one of those?

2 Likes

Great deal :+1:

Congratulations @brandoncmurphy! Wishing you lots of luck and many happy hours playing that gorgeous bass!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

1 Like

No. Batman plays a Warwick Vampyre.

http://www.warwick.de/en/Warwick---Products--Instruments--RockBass--Vampyre.html

4 Likes

Me too
Welcome to the forum
Nice bass

2 Likes

@brandoncmurphy Oh My, that is a beautiful instrument. Well done on make the decision. You wont regret it.
Look forward to seeing you play it some times soon

1 Like

![Dean%20Rhapsody%2012%20string%20bass|194x499](upload://jketCWDzDjZ

c4tWORV6TwBLH1ks.jpeg) ![Fender|279x500] (upload://5I8vX0EsA2llnp7PSqsy09kFnAw.jp![ThunderBird|199x500] (upload://71HNKCTJfnvLDcqbhPf24K3KPM5.jpeg) eg)

5 Likes

very nice collection, I love the Duff McKagan style PB !

1 Like

Dang! That’s quite a collection. :+1:

1 Like

Here’s mine (the lefty Warwick Streamer on the right - it was the only L/H bass on sale in Hong Kong, I think) and my son’s (the right-handed Jazz Bass copy on the left). We’re both hacking mercilessly through Module 3 (okay, for me, Module 2).

8 Likes

Welcome to the Forums, @sfadams :slight_smile:

Great to have a father and son team aboard!

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

Nice! I like Streamers, nice feel to them. My favorite bassist in Japan plays a Custom Streamer Stage II.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the warm welcome, Joe.

2 Likes

Thanks Howard. Yes it feels good, looks quite sleek and sounds very nice too. Will maybe look at a custom if (I mean, when!) I complete all the modules on the course … and if I’ve won the lottery!

1 Like

My family has grown!

From left to right:
Ibanez Gio GSR205; 5 string (Orange Metalic…it’s almost the EXACT same color as my car. See last image)
Ibanez SR370E (Brown Burst)
ESP LTD F4E (Natural Satin)
Fender CB-100CE (Natural)

And my amps:
Orange Crush CR50BXT

Fender Rumble 25

I also have an Ibanez IBZ10B bass amp and 2 guitar amps. As well as a Yamaha Pacifica 112 signed by all the guys from P.O.D. which you can see in the two amp pics.

My car for reference to bass color…well not my actual car, but mine looks exactly like this:
images%20(1)

I just adopted the GSR205, the Fender CB-100CE, the CR50BXT, IBZ10B, two pedals (my first pedals too!!!) a hard foam case, and a few other odds and ends tonight in trade for a Springfield XDS .45cal (I love America).

Finally, please forgive any typos. Tomorrow is my birthday and I’m more than a little drunk (64 oz of 10.8% ABV barleywine in the last 60 minutes).It took a long time to type all this.

Finally I’m not buying anything else so @PamPurrs don’t expect anything on the mail!:):smile:

9 Likes

Ah, famous last words :grin:

Congrats on your extended family - have fun!!

3 Likes