Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

That looks pretty killer yeah. Though only a 5’er?

3 Likes

Yes, unfortunately - I guess that’s a metal thing! I’m sticking to 4s for the time being. I flirted with the idea of a 5 but decided it was a ridiculous idea, when I can’t even play a 4 properly yet. At some point I might try a BEAD, once I’m really comfortable with a 4 and if I take to that, I’ll think about a 5. I’m trying to not bounce all over the place from one shiny object to the next. :joy:

3 Likes

Not bad, although I do have a thing for a matching headstock. I am a bit gutted the Rainbow Crackle is that heavy - what can I gut out of it to make it lighter … I mean does it really need all those pick ups and tuners and things???

3 Likes

My V7 weighs a ton - more than the surveyor I’m sure. I got a Kliq aircell strap. It really made a difference.

I have a Surveyor in Rainbow Crackle on order. It’s a unique bass, not going to pass it up. That’s me. You do you.

Get one at GC. You can always return it if it’s too much

9 Likes

Just a fantastic looking bass.

3 Likes

They say on the black and white models the paint’s iridescent; doesn’t show in photos. With Duncan SPB1s, going to put on a set of flats and it will sound old school. If only it would come in lol

3 Likes

Nah, I’m in Australia and we don’t have stores that allow returns like you guys do in the US. It’s probably for the best, actually. I can imagine I’d have bought far more basses than I already have if I could easily return them - this way I have a natural brake put on me! We are due out of lock down at the end of this month, so I’ll make a trip in Melbourne, to the Bass Centre and try a few out.

4 Likes

That’s a good idea.

I’m just impatient to get mine in. I’m 2 in line at Sweetwater for it. I called when the day it was announced. Don’t know how someone got ahead lol.

3 Likes

Do you reckon it will happen? @Bassdacious
I bloody hope so, not that I travel far lol
We have got family in Queensland that we’ve not seen since my father-in-law passed away in January but f*** knows when that border will open up

4 Likes

Apparently Sydney was set loose this week?

5 Likes

Yeah @howard
New South Wales is leading the charge on all levels.
Dictator Dan on the other hand is just loving having the power :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Yes I do, especially with all the IBAC stuff ATM he will not want people sitting around watching the news :joy:

3 Likes

Why? He said he didn’t do anything wrong :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

If you want to make late 70’'s looking bass sound like a late 70’s Stingray,
This guy makes a direct clone of the 1977 Stingray, and the price is not too bad either.
There are some other pick-ups, I will have to look them up when I am not falling asslessp at the computer, but there are some pick ups that cost around $50, that are pretty much clones of the '78-'78 Stingray. So with a cheap soldering iron, a little time and a little know how, you can get that classic sounding pretty much lie it did back in the late 70’s, now that would be sick.

5 Likes

Thanks @T_dub! I’m going to save that link for when I’m ready to start modding this bass.

4 Likes

One last touch on Rosie III. Sara put the graphics on the control panel with white vinyl, and I picked up some red knobs today. The knobs look great on the black control panel.

19 Likes

That sure perfected it!
Well done Sara!

6 Likes

@thomas did you bass come with fretboard side markers?

3 Likes

@Bassdacious
Yes… small white dots.

5 Likes

Good chance those are glow in the dark markers :smiley:

4 Likes