Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

One of my favorite AC/DC tunes, @Wombat-metal . . . from their live album :metal:

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

That’s sick!! I love it!

3 Likes

+1

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:
Exactly what popped straight into my head @Wombat-metal

3 Likes

A small rose on the headstock of Rosie III would make it perfect!

4 Likes

Just going to leave this here… :metal: :smiling_imp:

AC/DC Whole Lotta Rosie

5 Likes

:metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2:

3 Likes

I have been using my sons entry level Yamaha for the course and I’m getting towards the end so I finally bought a bass for myself. It’s a 2nd hand FGN j standard 2013 model. It feels awesome to play and the tone is definitely better than the Yamaha in my opinion. Happy with the purchase. I will look to change the pick guard to Black.1

12 Likes

Nice FujiGen!

6 Likes

FGN rocks! I got a guitar from them and it’s insane quality for the price. They play fantastic too!

6 Likes

I considered doing that, but then decided the red truss rod cover was enough. Splendid idea though! I’ll run it by Sara and see what she thinks.

4 Likes

Surveyor is 4.5kg / 9.9lbs, Ibanez SR300 is 3.2kg / 7.04lbs…quite the difference between them.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s a shame as I really, really like this bass - however I think it’s just a tad too heavy for me. My Sire V9 is about 4.5kg and after an hour it feels like an anchor. If I ever get to play in a band I want something that I don’t hate at the end of every gig. Thinking Sandberg or Dingwell but will have to save my pennies for one of those.

4 Likes

Could also look at premium Ibanez, if you like your SR. The SR Premiums are fantastic instruments.

4 Likes

Aerodyne is a nice light PJ

3 Likes

There are 3 main methods of anchoring: fixed anchor, movable anchor and floating thumb. Fixed stays on the pickup which is fine if you have long fingers but generally requires you to use some other fingers for muting. Movable has you move the thumb to the E and A and sometimes the G, keeping the thumb on the A and E mutes those strings and moving the thumb gives a more consistent angle/reach for the fingers. Floating thumb the thumb just lies on top of the strings. This is convenient on a 5/6 string bass and is great for fast passages with a free stroke but not as good with a rest stroke as the other two anchoring techniques. I use mostly movable anchor on a 4 string and floating anchor on a 5 st.

4 Likes

Yes, good point. I do love my 600e. There is THIS - You won’t like the colour options (actually it’s option, singular), but the rest of the specs will probably tick a few boxes for you @howard

3 Likes

I do love the look of the Aerodyne’s and have looked into them a little bit - are they a fingerprint magnet? I’m a bit OCD about that sort of thing and I can imagine having to stop every 10 minutes for a polish!

2 Likes

I love Aerodynes, the two I have are older Japanese versions but same sentiment. Light, loads of sustain etc. The thin bodies are really great and the necks are good. I’ve tried US versions and they are great too.

3 Likes

they absolutely are a fingerprint magnet

This is a good looking bass, as are Suerveyors though they’re a tad heavy

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LAP204MP--esp-ltd-ap-204-bass-guitar-dark-metallic-purple

3 Likes