Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

If I had that it’d be my “Stryper” bass 🤌🏼 it even has a similar shape to the guitar Michael Sweet played during the THWTD Era :eyes:

2 Likes

That is beautiful. Is that red binding. I have a thing for binding, lol.

3 Likes

Well… here’s what happens when you watch every bass classified ad ever…

For $150 I simply couldn’t pass it up.
Not a thing wrong with it except the missing knob (which is on its way now).

Needs a polish and some flats is all.

21 Likes

Nice addition to your collection John, @John_E . . . :wink:

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

What’s even worse than watching ads is making an offer on one. That’s how this is on the way to me. I am done with ads. I swear. No more. None. Nicht.

17 Likes

That’s a cool shape

4 Likes

Apparently it’s a good day to buy a bass. I picked up this little beauty at Guitar Center this afternoon. A short scale Stingray in dropped copper. I swapped out the chrome knobs with some ebony ones I had sitting around. I’m thinking about getting a black pickguard for it as well.

15 Likes

A triple bass day!
Well done @joeike & @Wombat-metal !!
Both are gorgeous.
BUT>…

Wait, make that a quadruple bass day…
I just won the #4 flame top Aerodyne…

16 Likes

Now that’s a looker

2 Likes

Thanks! Her original pickguard is gone, but will fit it with either white (original) or maybe parchment, TBD. She’s coming from England so won’t get her until mid-december.

2 Likes

Tough call. White would match the binding, parchment would contrast better with the body. Like the burst on the headstock

1 Like

Congrats to everyone above on their new basses!

3 Likes

So @John_E is it just the sunburst AJB to complete the set?

5 Likes

Oh dear no…

Still on the hunt for…

13 Likes

Nice! 1004?

Since LTD isn’t really a thing here, for me for a Stream it’s either full ESP or E-II. To get one I would want I would be looking at $2k-5k. They occasionally come up for $1500 or so used. The only one below $1k is the Grassroots G-Stream Miku, which isn’t a bass (but is tempting).

4 Likes

Stream 204 actually, so was quite reasonable. I do need a 1004 though to round out the collection

4 Likes

Oh cool. I didn’t know the 204 came in that color.

2 Likes

This one is a 2014/15 MIC model of all things. I like the headstock . Asymetric like an EBMM

Back is nice

7 Likes

Yeah I like the 3+1 better too, that’s how the ESP’s and E-II’s are.

It’s really unlikely I would drop that kind of cash on another bass; I’m happy with the two I have. But I have to admit to being pretty tempted by the G-Stream Miku, and I am low key interested in getting a guitar again.

In addition to being a Stream, it’s also the pickup configuration I would want. Made in Korea too so it will be really high quality for an entry level line. I mean, it’s an ESP brand so of course it will, but MiK is a nice bonus.

7 Likes

That color reminds me of Hatsune Miku.

My 1005 is MiK. My Fenders are being displaced by my ESPs. What’s wrong with me?

5 Likes