Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Ooh, lovely. Enjoy.

6 Likes

16 Likes

SWEET, I love it. I’ve always loved the look of the Euro/Streamer body shape.

5 Likes

Congratulations @chordsykat ! It’s a beaut.

6 Likes

And what a beauty she is too. :heart_eyes:
Enjoy it!

7 Likes

Adequate words are failing me right now . . . I don’t know whether to start with the color, the fret markers, the hardware, or the woodgrain . . . :thinking:

Cheers
Joe

11 Likes

@cloudskyat that is one very fine looking bass, love the colour and the wood grain.

7 Likes

I’d love a Spector. Congrats

6 Likes

Love the colour and the mixing of the grain. It stands out I Likkee

6 Likes

Gotta say it again, I just love the body shape of the Euro in particular. And red is definitely my color for instruments. Just gorgeous.

6 Likes

I don’t need a new bass! Wrong!
If I were to buy another bass, it would certainly be another Sandberg. Wrong again.

But I need a bass to test strings and play around with. I was looking for a cheap Fender or Yamaha bass when I came across this thing while browsing a local bass forum at halftime in the Divisional Playoffs.
MGH Guitars is a small custom maker in Germany. They make 60 to 80 instruments a year. Rare breed, the bass is a one-off. The price was reasonable. Honestly it was a bargain. Long story short, I couldn’t resist. A MUST buy!
Seller is a professional musician. He owns over 20 basses including EB Music Man, Rickenbacker and some top notch Fenders. He said it was time to get rid of some basses. Good for me :slight_smile:
Bass is in mint condition. Ebony fretboard, nice inlays. Also got a hardshell case which was not part of the initial offer. He also sponsored me a set of new Marleaux strings. I’d call it a perfect day!

29 Likes

Love those inlays! Beautiful!!

12 Likes

That sure is SLICK. Pun intended.

8 Likes

Really, really like the woodgrain and gold hardware on it, @thomas . . . and totally agree with @Lanny on the inlays!

Cheers
Joe

9 Likes

Red is definitely NOT my color, but I still love this one.

6 Likes

omg @chordsykat

9 Likes

Love the inlays and the two tone. Something about makes it stand out.

7 Likes

She sure is purdy @thomas . Nice looking bass that you just know that not everyone will have in their collection

6 Likes

You had me at gold hardware @thomas !!!

6 Likes

I can rarely do gold, but when it is done right it is pretty awesome.
The gold anodized pick guards are starting to grow on me for P basses, but in most cases I would still use black hardware as first choice and chrome or brushed nickel over gold.

It is not out of place on this bass, but but black would work too if the headstock matched the body.

6 Likes