Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

That color is killer! I used to own a TRBX304 in black, but this looks way better.

3 Likes

After struggling and failing to find a nice lefty bass locally I took a punt on a used lefty SR370E which I saw on gumtree. Swapped a few messages and photos then got it shipped to me. Arrived yesterday. And I’m stoked.

Lovely Ibanez SR370E, that’s a lot of craftsmanship and quality for the money, and this one has been very well looked after. Feels great, body and neck shape really work for me, great variety of tone. Lovely wood grain visible in the body. Added a nice wide leather strap and it is so comfortable. Love it!

28 Likes

Very nice!

4 Likes

Nope, all resistance is futile!
Although probably the most effective method is to find yourself a significant other that spends your money before you can :grinning:
Hope you enjoy your new bass, I like the colour.

4 Likes

That looks really nice, especially in the close-up photo.

4 Likes

Naaah. You’ll always find elderly relatives and surplus kids you can sell to feed the bass habit.

5 Likes

That’s why I said “probably the most effective method” rather than what is actually effective … :grinning:

2 Likes

That is a beauty - note the way the burst runs through the headstock :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Oh man. This is huge. I know you’d been wanting a Rick. Congrats!

5 Likes

Do not lead us into temptation @John_E . I could faint at a Rickenbacker and put in my last funds. Especially on this ‘Autumnglo’.

6 Likes

Congratulations @John_E . She’s a beauty

Nice buy @pauls1024 . You can’t go far wrong with an Ibanez. Enjoy

4 Likes

I’ve seen custom builders before that charged extra for a “matching headstock” option. Drove me nuts :joy: No one wants a plain black headstock unless they got a black instrument image

(caveat: I’m sure some weirdo does…)

6 Likes

Welp. I did it. Pulled the trigger on my dream bass. She arrives on Wednesday.

34 Likes

Tell us more @chordsykat :grin:

7 Likes

Sure will! Doc says I have one of the worst, long-term GAS problems he’s ever seen. He says I need to put the Sweetwater down. :slight_smile:

But yeah – will have a full report when the beast arrives in a few days. Until then, this is a Spector Euro 5 LX. I bought this bass even though I initially had my eyes on the Dimension 5. Spector’s delayed those quite a bit (originally put a bid on one in spring of 2021) and I always liked the look/sound of the Euros… So I went for it.

12 Likes

Looks amazing. Grats on your new bass!

8 Likes

That’s gorgeous!

7 Likes

Ah, I just today added the 5 string and the 4 string Spector Euros to my Left Handed Bass instruments post (the list part), because Spector will sell you the Czech-made models in LH orientation for a 10% extra charge. They offer their NS Legend 4 & 5 strings in LH for no extra charge, as well as the Bantam 4 string Short Scale.

7 Likes

Man, that is absolutely breathtaking.

7 Likes

Spectors are a great brand @chordsykat
I’m sure you’ll love it. I must not get sucked into GAS and this isn’t helping :joy:

5 Likes