Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Ha-ha! :slight_smile:

Congrats, @SirJoe . . . great looking bass and a nice little Rumble to get started !

:+1:

Good for you! Wishing you lots of happy playing . . . maybe you and your daughter can jam together after a while. Really great bonding opportunities!

Cheers
Joe

9 Likes

Congratulations Pam! Welcome to the Stingray family.

8 Likes

Umm…That seems a little strange.
Most if not all basses are double dots on the 12th fret (if there are dots or fret markers), because thats where the the notes restart for the next octave higher.
I have not seen that before and for me, it would be super confusing, I rather have no markers then double markers on the 14th fret.

Can you post a picture of our bass?

3 Likes

@T_dub It’s the pic I posted and sent to you. It looks like your road worn P bass is the same.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, let me check my email again for a reminder.

2 Likes

Look at your P bass, it also has the double dots on the 14th fret.

3 Likes

This one you posted?

Looks like the 12th fret to me… 14th would be way weird.

The nut doesn’t count as a fret…

5 Likes

Mine are all on the 12th except for the one bass I have that does not have markers, but it does have double side dots on the 12th.

Looks like yours is on the 12th also.

4 Likes

I’m sooo embarrassed. I just figured out what I was doing wrong!! LMAO!! I wasn’t counting the nut BUT I was counting from the low end up incorrectly - 3, 6, 9, 11 on the single dots instead of doing it correctly - 3, 5, 7, 9. :roll_eyes: Silly me.

8 Likes

Its all good, I can’t count at how many dumb things I have done, I am probably way ahead of you tho.

6 Likes

If we were to have “who did the dumbest thing” contest I would be in the running

7 Likes

Count me in fellas…

6 Likes

Hold my beer, whilst I light this firework…
2-27-Rocket-Man-Before

7 Likes

I always lost really badly at drinking games of “I Never…”, if any of my friends were involved.

6 Likes

I thank my stars that my days of drinking games took place befre cell phones and portable cameras.

9 Likes

Oh yes.

4 Likes

Its not hold my beer, its watch this and I didn’t spill a drop
@Wombat-metal I agree with you
Plus there wouldn’t as many people around today as they all have to out do others LOL

3 Likes

Cat: What the hell is that thing sitting in that awesome looking box?

15 Likes

Ha-ha!

I remember how much my late brother’s cats LOVED to play in cardboard boxes :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Don’t worry. The wrong was righted in short order

17 Likes