Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

That Rick looks great @John_E ! Congrats!

7 Likes

You’ve inspired me to look into getting a Rick . . . There is ONE left at Sweetwater . . . :thinking:

Waiting for an e-mail from my sales engineer now.

Hmmmm . . . I suddenly feel like having a small bag of candy :wink: :wink: :wink:

Cheers
Joe

8 Likes

SO. GORGEOUS. Can’t wait to see and hear your first cover with this! Maybe just make a video where you don’t even play it; it’s just you showing it off and staring adoringly at it.
:star_struck: :joy: :star_struck:

6 Likes

Can’t make video right now.
Too busy staring adoringly at it. :eyes:

8 Likes

It’s a really beautiful piece. Also if you have a family gathering it could double as a Charcuterie Board.

12 Likes

How does choice of cured meats affect tone though?

8 Likes

I just canna coppa with more talk about a tone.

10 Likes

Aren’t tone meats more of a myth? I mean any meat will do, won’t it?

6 Likes

Reminds me of how hungry I’m getting right about now . . . :wink:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Fuck my life… :drooling_face:

6 Likes

It has to be a rare fatty steak like nicely marbled ribeye. Set it on top of the body wood and let the fat and juices soak into the wood for a deep, flavorful tone.

This does not work on painted instruments or those with a sealer on the wood.

7 Likes

To the untrained ear, sure. But if you can’t hear the difference between an aged peppered salami and a fine mortadella I suggest you spend more time at the butcher shop

6 Likes

Well, this does bare the question - do fat sausage fingers effect tone differently than skinny alien meat fingers? Fretting? Plucking? I bet they do.

@Koldunya - find a video for that, I challenge you

4 Likes

Yeah probably best to get a pro to set it up… Oh I’ve just noticed it has the old style tuners too ! That sir is a fine piece of bass :ok_hand::ok_hand:

4 Likes

I’ve anecdotally read more than once that “fat sausage fingers” produce the heaviest of metal tones. We used to joke about Kirk Windstein from Crowbar having such a heavy tone because of this, and I saw a video recently where someone commented on such fingers, independently, but I’ll be damned if I remember where it was lol… Maybe it was Jason Stallworth, he has thicc fingers :thinking:

Looking for a video took me to a place I never want to see again. lol…

Edit

6 Likes

I…I’m really not sure how I feel about this. Uncomfortable, maybe?

3 Likes

Now to dub Josh’s voice in…

2 Likes

Turns out it’s actually a December '72, but still good by me.
I have been talking to the guy who sold it to me who is a very active seller and knowledgable dude about Ricks. I have the 411 on how to do it, not bad at all, but going to wait until the lotions and potions come that all the Rick people say to use and only to use (Swirl-X, used to be Scratch-X but the formula changed so now its Swirl-X and Zymol polish) and will clean from top to bottom, swap bridges & strings and set up.
I ain’t afraid of no truss rods.

3 Likes

So, here it is. My newused 2013 Fender American Deluxe Dimension IV. It arrived on the 9th, I’ve spent the last two days showering it with heavy doses of TLC. I swapped in a custom pickguard from WD Music and a Zero Mod thumb rest.

Coming soon, I really think I’d like to swap out the chrome knobs for black. We’ll see. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Hello Everyone!

Here is my Squire 70s Jazz Bass that I purchased about a month ago. I have been enjoying playing it so far. I am a total newbie to bass guitar. I played drums when I was younger and I am enjoying the challenge of learning a new instrument in my 40s. :slight_smile:

23 Likes