Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

@acewoodson I am intrigued by your 8 string ESP, is it difficult to play ? does it head dive with all those tuners and what sort of strings ?

6 Likes

I am two, but have another question.
Can you play with fingers, or do you need to pick to get effective resonation?

5 Likes

D’stroyah is back!

If this doesn’t take you back to the 80s, a Destroyer body. my new Ibanez MDB5. Actually a Mike D’Antonio signature bass, but I’m not as into that as the body.

Okoume, maple neck with rosewood fretboard. Factory it comes in drop C tuning with a 120 C string. Seymour Duncan SPB1 and SJB-1B pickups, but that was too deep for me. I’m getting it with Steve Harris strings and a Steve Harris SPB4 pickup, the SJB-1b stays.

It also comes with a case. And weighs 7.5 pounds.

This is a case of Covid strikes again, it was scheduled for January, pushed back to September/October, and showed up unexpectedly this week. Sweetwater only got 3 of them. I have been looking for one on the used market - an MDB3 or MDB4 - for some time but they just do not come up.

The blue knob in the middle of the control plate, that’s the tone control. Mike says he is a clutz and put it on back so he wouldn’t keep bumping it. Once I get a tone I like I generally don’t mess with it so all good.

I am happy she is here, but not as much with the timing. This was to be my late year beast. Oh well. Thanks Rona.

And after playing Streams not at all worried about the shape. And it will be bout my lightest bass

16 Likes

I will add the bass was built by Core-Tek in Indonesia in December last year according to serial number decoders.

And it picked an inconvenient day to arrive. It’s slated to show up next Friday, which is when I can pick up my used B3K when it gets out of pawn shop jail. I had planned to drive to Seattle that day.

3 Likes

Looks wicked!

4 Likes

Wow congrats that super cool!

4 Likes

Very metal @Wombat-metal . Looks really cool

3 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes

During a brief distraction with regular guitar in the late 90s, I had an Ibanez Destroyer II. Awesome guitar.

This bass - of course - looks just like it, color aside.

I dig it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have kind-of always wanted a BC Rich. But if I ever got one, it would have to be one of those that look like Dethklok’s Dethphone… a Warlock, or a Widow, or a Beast. Something that would make Toki Wartooth say “This is heavy. It hurts my face. Boy, I really hates it.” :smiley:

That Mockingbird looks really sweet. I dig the red.

5 Likes

This is my Yamaha TRBX305 with a rose strap :rose::heart:
I fell in love with the way Jinjer’s bassist, Eugene plays and took up playing bass myself!
The extra string will do well for those heavier notes (eventually haha!)

20 Likes

Welcome, @heather.crook. Very fine bass!

Glad you’re with us. Enjoy learning from Josh, our trusty bass teacher.

But now, go to the Introduce Yourself thread and tell us about yourself. The B2B gang is waiting to welcome you to the family.

5 Likes

Excellent choice for a bass! My first bass was a TRBX304. I loved it so much that eventually when I wanted to upgrade, I bought a 604, which I still own. Yamaha makes great guitars.

The 305 will be a great choice for aggressive styles like metal.

8 Likes

Nice are those the original pickups?

4 Likes

Yep, everything came as normal from the shop :blush:

5 Likes

Just arrived today, a NS Designs WAV Electric Upright Bass. I got it for a steal on Reverb, the seller only had it since February and it’s in brand new condition.
Ironically,it came 3 years to the day that I got my very first bass.

33 Likes

Looks great.
And congrats on your 3-year GASiversary!

8 Likes

Looks interesting @PamPurrs . Congratulations. Am I mistaken in thinking you have/ have had an upright bass before?

5 Likes

You are not mistaken. I had the exact same EUB only it was red. I sold it in December 2020 and have regretted it. I looked for a used red one, but this white one was such a good deal I couldn’t pass it up.

5 Likes

Looks great. Many happy thumps, Pam!

6 Likes