Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Would look good with a red rose

7 Likes

I thought you’d had one before @PamPurrs .
Great to see you’ve filled that void in your collection again.

6 Likes

Well it’s almost here. It’s on a rail car in Portland, and once they get it off the railcar and to the hub, I will have it the next day. But they don’t know when that will happen. This one has been a journey; it went dark on the FedEx tracker for a week, no updates and I had to open a trace to get info as to what’s going on.

Just covid messing with the supply chain

14 Likes

I love Ibanez. They definitely live the rockstar style epitome of “go big or go home.”

6 Likes

Ain’t that the truth. I was reading an article in a magazine on ZZ Top this morning and Dusty was playing a bass with this shape in the picture, though I would bet it was a Gibson. If anyone knows go big or go home, it’s the boys.

7 Likes

And these cats never went home. Always big as Texas.

7 Likes

The Billy in the Gretsch Billy-Bo Jupiter T-Bird was from Billy Gibbons :slight_smile:

The Bo was, of course, Bo Diddley, who had them custom made and gave his to Billy, who talked Gretsch in to mass producing them.

9 Likes

Go big brother, go big

ZZTop Gibson

14 Likes

Yeah, man. Dusty played hard.

6 Likes

After a week on police hold, here it is. I’m going to lose the strings eventually, but since I’m not set up in this hotel room to work on her, I’ll wait until I get back to NJ and throw some LaBella Flats on. I got GC to take $625.00 plus tax.

27 Likes

Very nice Pam. I like the color. Kinda goes with the room.

8 Likes

Congratulations @JerryP

7 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you post a cover with this one @PamPurrs!

8 Likes

That’s a steal, @JerryP. A candy apple red Aerodyne is my dream bass, but they are very rare and thus very expensive on this side of the pond. I’ll sleep better once I know you got rid of those green strings! :rofl:

7 Likes

Actually, they don’t sound too bad, but they will be gone, I assure you! :grin:

5 Likes

I’m taking you with me on future negotiations @JerryP.
That is a steal, congrats.
I won’t ask you how you like it until you get the La Bella’s on it.

6 Likes

Nice Jerry. Love the green strings :grin:

7 Likes

Thanks @John_E & @PamPurrs !
The green strings aren’t all that bad. I have the LaBellas here but I don’t have the proper tools to do a setup on her after the string change. I want to lower the action just a bit but for now I will make do.

7 Likes

very nice. The strings are you :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

No no no no…

7 Likes