Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Me too, I think it looks classier

6 Likes

Hihi I understand it’s a double bass. I was just wondering if someone with only electric bass experience could play on it or is it a completely different instrument. I seriously have no clue but I think they sound really cool :sunglasses:

5 Likes

This was my reward to myself after completing the bass buzz course. I donated my mim jazz to a friend’s son.
This one is a MIJ modern jazz, I love it but be warned the body has a fairly sharp edge compared to the usual shape. It does stop me being lazy and flexing the plucking wrist too much and I think it looks great anyway!
Took this photo last year before removing the plastic off the scratch guard.

15 Likes

Couple of minutes with an orbital sander will fix that no problem.

8 Likes

Beautiful bass! The sharp edge feeling wil go away as you play more on it. I had the same thing with my Telecaster.

4 Likes

I’ve had a number of Ibanez basses over the years. In fact, I was a die-hard Ibanez fan until I joined BassBuzz and started getting tempted by other brands… Carvin and Fender, I’m looking at you. :smiley:

Anyway, I wasn’t planning on another Ibanez, but I was reminiscing about how nice Ibanez basses are when I saw this beauty come up on Reverb. I had to have it. Please note, these are the pictures from the Reverb listing; even though it’s sitting right next to me, I haven’t had a chance to take my own pics.

This is a 2009 SR700 in just about as mint condition as a 13 year old bass can be. It sounds and plays amazing. The body, neck, and fretboard are almost showroom level spotless. The tuners need a bit of attention as they feel a bit loose, and the pickups have a bit of that “worn plastic shine” in a couple of places.

:slight_smile:

27 Likes

That is gorgeous!!!

4 Likes

Thanks! That’s exactly why I got it. Like I said, I wasn’t planning on getting another bass, much less another Ibanez. But I saw that one and just had to have it. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m not and Ibby fan, but that is beautiful. Congrats on the find.

6 Likes

I tried one of those at Samash and it felt great!

5 Likes

I love SR’s.

5 Likes

Really pretty :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

My fender player precision after upgrade

22 Likes

Very nice! How about some gold strings?

6 Likes

lol ur bass looks like mine, execpt it is a Omen extreme 5:
WIN_20220615_15_12_06_Pro

8 Likes

:100: The perfect strap is the crown of laurels after the gauntlet.

5 Likes

I currently have 4 children, with a 5th due in November.

Left to right: Epiphone El Segundo; locally made riff on the Gibson ES-335; Yamaha RBX 260 (high school bass- can’t bear to part with it); Squier Classic Vibe P.

18 Likes

The RBX line is actually a neat bass. I like them.

4 Likes

All together now:

Left to right:
Donner P-Clone, upgraded with Steve Harris pups and strings
Peavey Milestone 3 JJ, upgraded with Dragonfire split coil J pups and Rotosound RL66 uncoated SS rounds
Peavey Patriot, sporting Billy Sheehan signature rounds
Peavey Fury, upgraded witha hi-mass bridge and Thomastik-Infeld flats

And all alone overseas

Stingumathing, passive Stingray clone, no upgrades as yet.

14 Likes

I hope it comes with a coupon for a free tetanus shot.

7 Likes