Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

:+1:

3 Likes

Congrats! Laklands are amazing!!

4 Likes

She’s a beauty

5 Likes

Yeah. The ratio of the shipping cost to the sticker price isn’t important- it’s whether or not the total cost is worth it to you.

If that bass was imported goods in a US store, the sticker cost would be higher and you wouldn’t know (or likely care) what the cost to get it to the US was.

Meanwhile the USD is at a super high mark compared to the yen, so it’s already basically 30% off the normal cost it would be for you.

5 Likes

That’s a nice bass! I wish it had a p bass neck.

5 Likes

No thanks I’ll take the slim neck any day of the week :laughing:

4 Likes

Yes, it was 34 degrees Communist here too, that’s 93 degrees Freedom :sweat_smile: and that’s not even factoring the humidex in.

Hotter 'n a demon’s jockstrap.

4 Likes

Yep, it is hot, too hot!

We did not break 100 F yet, but oh-so-close today. With the humidity, it’s amplified.

6 Likes

It’s 59 out there right now, but is supposed to get to the mid-upper 70s this week and even hit 81 on Tuesday. That’s summer to us.

4 Likes

33 here. Not looking forward to August.

4 Likes

We’re in winter at 23 ‘C today. Summer will hit 40 possibly 45 but hey, you just adjust your day around the heat and STAY HYDRATED!!

3 Likes

Where are you, Wombat?

2 Likes

I live west of Seattle on a peninsula. We have peculiar weather. I’ve got 8,000 foot mountains a few miles behind my house, and the ocean a mile in front of my house with a warm current. There’s a narrow strip of land between the Olympic mountains and the sea. We don’t see extreme weather, winter or summer.

Kind of weird because it’s hard to be farther north than us and still be in the lower 48. You’d think it would get cold. But we see 40s and 50s in the winter, and 50s and 60s in the summer, with brief hot and cold spell. We’re fixin for a hot spell of 70s this week.

5 Likes

Holy crap! I’d love a chunk of that weather!

We’ve had several weeks of 104+ F weather in Central Texas, with no relief in sight.

There’s an old saying here: A drought ends with a flood.

I don’t wish for any damage to anyone’s health or property, but a sustained, benevolent deluge with lower temperatures would be very welcome right about now.

4 Likes

I lived in San Antonio for 5 years. I do not miss the weather at all.

4 Likes

It’s funny how weather is always good for stirring “controversy” or feelings, especially of not being quite right :smile:

We are at a cottage in West Denmark right now, right up at the beaches towards the North Sea. This is our vacation and we had hoped for weather for swims and long walks along the beach. Alas, it’s 16 C (61 F), very windy and raining a lot right now - whereas, only a 100 miles away or so (where we actually live all year), it’s 28 C (86 F) and dry :crazy_face:

Go figure!

5 Likes

I hear you. But this is different and completely fu*#ed.

A lot of July is expected to be hot, and much of August is typically miserable. But June was our friend last year, with mild, spring-like temps for weeks on end. Not this year. It’s been, and continues to be, brutal. Just miserable.

That said, your weather sounds blissful. I’ve been in your regional neighborhood before. I love the weather there.

3 Likes

Could be worse. Could be Houston.

6 Likes

Ha! Mark Twain famously said, “ Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it."

So true.

4 Likes

Hell, I grew up in Brownsville, Texas, the southernmost point in the continental US.

Vietnam heat and humidity had nothing on us.

To us, Houston was as cool as a spring breeze and as dry as Phoenix, Arizona.

4 Likes