Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

I felt a force sniffing the Cutlass, like a Great White circling.

Big thanks for everything, @Al1885!

5 Likes

Good deal! I was just messing around. I’m very fortunate too my wife doesn’t care and I actually have to watch out what I say around her. If I mention I like something she immediately starts googling it to buy it.

Good to know!

Yea definitely not cool. Robbing you of the full NBD experience!

I hear you! I love the simplicity and gloriousness of a Fender P bass!

7 Likes

Looks nice! Looking forward to that new group shot!

5 Likes

Check out Mike and mikes guitar bar. They have a pristine one they just listed for 2x + the price I paid.

5 Likes

@John_E, you know what would be really cool? Doing a song where you switch thru all the basses during the video. That would be epic!

6 Likes

That’s a cool idea.
Need a good apropos song.
Hmmmmm….

5 Likes

A song with a great bassline with a solid rest between bars to do the video transition. Hmm.

Ok I have one. You can do either the original or the George Clinton version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY4gnToCXa4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDgYi-3ekUM

5 Likes

Just love the walnut Aerodyne @John_E . Definitely my favourite of your collection.

Congratulations @MikeC .
Looks in great condition

4 Likes

Thanks, @Mac. Yeah, it’s mint. :gem:

3 Likes

It was my pleasure. It’s almost like spending your money, lol.

3 Likes

I love sound pure. I bought the Godin Classical from them. The y sent the wrong model but I didn’t care it was comfortable they offer a replacement right away, I just told them save the cost and send me a swag bag, they sure put great goodies in there for me.

3 Likes

Now I’m thinking I want to do that. I think it would be easier now with the scarlet 4i4. I just have to figure out how to get pure bass tone in there.

4 Likes

Plug the bass in to the DAI and go? :rofl:

Not much more pure than that, and amp sims sound better than real amps for recording anyway, IMO.

4 Likes

Oh! Just picked this one up yesterday. It was literally across the street from @T_dub old place. It was half the street price and when I got there a couple of things was wrong. No back battery cover broken&missing stack pots. The guy said how about $75. I said nah even in this condition it worth at least $100. So I bought it.

Made in Japan Ibanez BTB 505 TKF. 35” scale wide neck, what not to like. Not sure if this would make a good test bed bass as the pickups and components are pretty specific I love how the connect ground wires to each of the individual bridge.

So far I cleaned up everything and polished the frets and oil the fingerboard, put in new strings, it sounds really good missed the first fret a few times already it’s feels longer.

I just ordered the Ibanez vari-mid mini stack pot and battery cover. Let’s see how this would look cleaned up.

12 Likes

Repaired by a …

:laughing:

12 Likes

That’s really nice of you! :+1:

6 Likes

You are a nice guy Al :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks. In this economy, if things are at a good price already I don’t make offer. There’s no need. I usually ask for a small reduction on bigger ticket items or buying from big box store, but person to person sales I usually give them what they ask for. I remember at the beginning of Covid shutdown the price was going crazy a guy was selling 2 mint condition Squier strat for $50 each, they were flying off my listing at $200 I gave him $150 for both.

6 Likes

Nah, Al. Most of that money was already spent on the one I returned. You only helped me spend MORE of my money. :smile:

5 Likes

Oh another Illinoisan with a thing for Ibanez! I’ve got 3: an SR370E Active, a P Bass Soundgear (pretty generic but I got it cheap and rebuilt it) and my Mikro, which is my favorite “travel” bass.

4 Likes