Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Thanks for the explain dude! I think I finally got it.

4 Likes

@John_E, what brand is this? Looks really well made.

6 Likes

I am about 1 month in B2B course and I am loving every second of it. I also told myself that at my one year anniversary of playing bass I will treat myself to a upgrade. Good luck on your journey!

9 Likes

second

4 Likes

I believe that’s a Hangover strap. Check out this link:

2 Likes

Thanks! It looks very similar but the logo is different. But those look really nice as well.

3 Likes

So, I have joined the elite roadworn chipped club :roll_eyes:

Had it in the stand, tripped on the bass strap and BLAMO! off it went bouncing with the neck off the PC, right below the third fret too :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

There is a slight scuff on the other side of the neck too.

I’m going to feather it out with some sandpaper and give it a few coats of gloss rub-on poly, and then buff it out.

8 Likes

Oh man that blows!
Yea you should be able to fix it to where you won’t feel it.

4 Likes

I hope so. It’s the one bass I have with a mostly irreplaceable neck :roll_eyes: My '80s Peavey Patriot.

5 Likes

I’ve never tried it but this looks like a good technique.

5 Likes

On an oiled gun stock that was dented I have used the damp cloth and hot iron technique.
Works well but I wouldn’t attempt it with a lacquered or varnished finish

4 Likes

The 50s P sounds really good with boomers. Went through the first module tonight, looking at fundamentals and maintaining good technique. Went well.

The tug bar is useless. What was Leo thinking?

Talked to Sweetwater today, will get a refund if ends up being the strings. Will try changing out the nut first. Also going to change out the tuners. When tuning, it a micro twist from almost in tune to flat for the E and A strings. So pending changes

Nut - Tusq nut
Tuners - Fender Standard Highway 1
Bridge - Fender 1958 Vintage
Pickup - Lindy Fralin Split 51
Pots - CTS
Jack - Switchcraft

It will be a new bass

5 Likes

No, it’s not.
@RuknRole its Right On!

5 Likes

Today while going thru junk in my ongoing effort to downsize, I came across this 30 year old picture of my very fist bass. My gf just happened to have her camera out when our iguana hopped up onto the headstock.
I was taking lessons from the Kingsmen’s bassist and i remember buying that Peavey from him. I also remember being convinced that my High school garage band was going to be the next Metallica. Im pretty sure i sold it for beer money or traded it for weed and forgot about bass lessons until i found B2B hahahaa!! No idea what model it was or if it wouldda been worth anything today… any guesses?

4 Likes

@MC-Canadastan Aw man. That sucks. I hope you find a way to make it so you don’t feel it. That would drive me crazy.

4 Likes

@jason74 Given the time period, I’m guessing it was a Peavey Foundation which would have had either two humbuckers or a P/J pickup configuration. If it was in great shape, it would be worth about $300. Which is a shame, because they were well built, well playing instruments.

4 Likes

@eric.kiser yeah, i though he ripped me off :rofl:
I think i gave him $200 for it

4 Likes

I think I payed $350 when I got mine new. I’m pretty sure I got ripped off. That store was notorious for having prices that changed based on who you talk to, time of day, were you carrying a clueless sucker sign (I was). I got a lot out of that bass. Still kind of miss it.

3 Likes

@eric.kiser haaha yeah, i definitely carried the clueless sucker look back then, hopefully a little less now. come to think of it I don’t know if that dude was actually the Kingsman’s bassist hahahaha… no way to know

4 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl: That makes the story even better.

4 Likes