Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

As expected :pray:

Find yourself a wife that supports your addictions

23 Likes

The color is beautiful

5 Likes

I love it! Such a different tone from my POS Ibanez, mid range is beautiful. Super punchy which is a welcome change from the muddy blur I had gotten used to. Really digging the neck tapering towards the nut, so much more comfortable to play on the lower frets. Gonna have to get some new strings and adjust the action a little bit, otherwise a truly beautiful instrument. Feeling blessed

7 Likes

75’ reissued? Gorgeous.

4 Likes

I’m not familiar with the specific years but it is a 70’s model, here’s the direct link

It’s so true what everyone says - get a bass that makes you want to pick it up!

9 Likes

Ah! Cool. The VintEra are pretty much same quality as the American pro. Just different neck plate and body carve. Exceptionally well made.

5 Likes

Also a Truss rod you can actually reach. Those 50s Vintera’s are a bit silly.

Awesome bass!

4 Likes

I really like that color, wish they would have had that color when I got my P Bass. I am also 59, started playing the bass a years ago. I’m just a bit over the half way mark on Josh’s BassBuzz. I’m going to be taking one on one lessons soon as I get just a bit further in the course and I really like that Josh can give me that head start to understanding all the dynamics of what we need to learn.

I got my Fender Pro II last year on a Black Friday sale at my LGS. I also got the Rumble as well. It’s a 800HD with a 2x10 cab. I use my spark to play the songs through and play my bass through the cab. It sounds a lot better that way vs playing the songs through the aux on the rumble HD.

Take care and rock on.
Dave

13 Likes

Silly is a very generous way to say it. The more appropriate term is pain in the A$$, lol.

8 Likes

Historically accurate but totally unnecessary pain in the A$$, that is.

8 Likes

Welcome @davebayer32 !

4 Likes

I left all the plastic on because it’s all getting taken apart when I get home this evening. Pickups: bridge, guard, strings and tuners getting changed out.

20 Likes

My favorite of all my upgraded basses still!!!

I bet the 5 string will come out great too!

12 Likes

I expect great things indeed @John_E !!

9 Likes

oooh, the gold flats.
They are pretty great indeed.

What pickups are you using?

4 Likes

I had a set custom wound for me by a local guy that I’ve used for a number of Guitar projects. I had him do them at a lower 60s style output versus the 70s output it came with.

5 Likes

I’m seeing a theme lol

12 Likes

This is the jazz version of Steve Harris bass. Lol mine weights 62lbs.

7 Likes

Oh I get it.

13 Likes

Ok, today I had an appointment for someone to come over and buy the bass. Usually, I would set up outside with my Boss amp and a chair for testing. I did that, the kid showed up with his dad, who doesn’t really play but apparently knows the gear really well as his kid bought a few pricey basses like a 6 string Dingwall and prestige Ibanez multiscales and fender custom shop.

We were hitting it off pretty well so I said do you want to come into the shed. Mind you the dad is a big guy 6’5” and his kid is a couple of inches taller, dang! Anyway, they were like kids in the candy store. Then there’s another guy who’s picking up another bass for this brother because he didn’t want to let it go.

I met him outside and showed him the bass while the father and son team was in my shed, it turned out this guy is cool too so I said why don’t you come in, they had a great time, I guess, lol.

17 Likes