Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

I agree!

My Kiwi Cutlass is a powerhouse marriage of the two:

MM meets P

8 Likes

I have the pickup, in a Squier but want a better home

Yours is a real looker

4 Likes

I still can’t get over how pretty that neck is. Dammit. I don’t even have my new Stingray Special yet and you have me GASSING for another 54P with a neck like that.

3 Likes

I have learned that the best time to find your next bass is while you are tracking your latest :face_in_clouds:

6 Likes

Dammit, you need to stop

3 Likes

4 Likes

Banana Arm and his merry band of enablers.

Friar @Al1885
Little @John_E
Much @Mac
Will @Barney
Maid @PamPurrs
Reynold @Reasonably_Happy
Gilbert @joergkutter
and others :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Not gonna lie, I’m impressed you remembered the ones after Maid Marian :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, I am not sure I remember Gilbert :laughing:
I could pose as the the Sheriff though… or the ever hapless Guy of Gisborne :rofl:

I really liked the 80s version (TV series) with the music of Clannad.

7 Likes

The burning question is: Michael Praed or Jason Connery?

4 Likes

Oh, Michael Praed!! Everything was magical about this whole series… well, pretty much everything :smile:

2 Likes

Right answer! :laughing:

1 Like

What the actual frick are you guys talking about :joy:

2 Likes

They’re choosing the best of two crappy tv shows about Robin Hood. Nothing to see here Mike.

5 Likes

Hey, not cool - those were my formative years :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t think these Robin Hood shows were televised in the U.S., but maybe I missed them. I’m probably not the target audience, though. :wink:
But this subject reminds me that I do want to read “Ivanhoe” one day, as my mother told us she liked it when she was in school. For some reason I do have a paperback copy of it on my shelves.

2 Likes

That looks amazing. Too bad it is not a 5er with at 35" scale. But I dig it.

1 Like

Robin Hood is in Ivanhoe. Ivanhoe is one of the more readable novels from the 19th century. When I saw Robin Hood here I immediately thought of Wilfrid of Ivanhoe.

1 Like

Thanks, I will try to get to it sooner rather than later. We have a DVD of the 1938 film of Robin Hood, with Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland. Coincidentally, my husband brought up the life-long feud between sisters Olivia de Havilland and John Fontaine just the other day, after seeing Joan in another film. Whew, those two were something!

There is another film “Ivanhoe,” from 1952, which has Joan Fontaine as Lady Rowena. Interesting parallels for the two sisters.

One of the interesting bits bout the Ivanhoe story is that the lead female protagonist is the Jewish Rebecca, who is played by Elizabeth Taylor. Probably just being a story geek, but the more noble, sympathetic woman doesn’t get the hero. More apparent in the novel.

Never thought about Olivia and Joan. Their feud is legendary. Two powerhouses.

2 Likes