Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

NBD!
Limping through lessons with pawn shop instruments was getting to be a drag, so I pulled the trigger on a demo Yamaha BB434. It’s here, and I’m really digging it. No untoward noises, even with the single coil J pickup solo. The rosewood fretboard is really nice. Here’s the glamour shot from Sweetwater. It looks the same at home, just not as glamorous.

Shielding will fix the drama with the RBX and a new jack will fix the Squier. I will donate the Squier and keep the RBX as a backup.

12 Likes

Very nice, @GalleyCat . . . :sunglasses:

Wishing you good luck and much happy playing!

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

WOW… I bet those 53 Pups are hand wound. Nice, loose, and fat as hell sound by now. Must be a joy to play!

3 Likes

So do I
They’re not overly expensive either.

1 Like

Yeah they look great to me too.

1 Like

I could like this model :

at least this cute little thing looks killer to me :star_struck:

11 Likes

Disco-Terb :man_dancing: :grin:

3 Likes

Ooh, humbucker and P. Nice combo.

Of course, you know what it really needs is…

…LEDs :slight_smile:

1 Like

A 2010 Washburn XB-120 Bantam bass. It sounds and plays pretty good for an “affordable” instrument. It’s next to a 1981 G&L F-100.

8 Likes

Very nice, @pdfromwv . . . I like that warm color too!

Welcome aboard and see you around the Forums :slight_smile:

All best, Joe

3 Likes

Hi Josh,

That Peavy is one of the best looking bases I have ever seen. What year is the 4 string?

1 Like

HI Josh, what year is it. Best looking base I have ever seen.

Hi guys,

All new to the forum and course so let me introduce myself and my bass.
44 year old guy, always wanted to learn how to play the bass but never actually started doing it. Did so things with synths and keyboards and drumcomputers etc. but the bass had to wait till my divorce.
Finally bought myself last week this beauty 2nd hand and I love her!

Epiphone EB-3

Playing since last thursday and loving the course!!!

14 Likes

That is a nice looking bass.

3 Likes

thanks @joeike :+1:

2 Likes

. . . and the AWESOME Fender Rumble Studio 40 :+1:

1 Like

Welcome and Beauty of a bass there! Keep having a blast with the lessons! I know I am!

3 Likes

@Mark_D Nope, it’s the smaller LT25 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh wow, it looks just like my Studio 40!
I bet it’s still AWESOME though Sam :+1:

3 Likes

The newest addition to my family, the Ibanez fretless 5-string arrived today. Her name is Corona.

She sounds great! The only thing I don’t like is she came with round wound strings, which is odd for a fretless bass. No worries, I have a set of tape wounds on the way, and they should be here by the end of this week.

Here’s a couple of photos… one of Corona, and the other with her sisters Rose and Janine.

14 Likes