Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Congrats, @PamPurrs . . . glad it arrived safely! :+1:

2 Likes

I thought you all might like this. I am a big woodworker too and made this one year, mahogany body , maple thru the body neck. routered out the pick ups and electronics in the back. made the fretboard and measured out the frets . made the fret nut out of a deer bone. turned out perfect. sounded awesome. and was pitch perfect. only draw back was I made the neck too fat. it felt like you were holding a beer can haha. I will have to work on that next time. but I still have it and play it once in awhile. I hope the pictures turn out right this is the first time I posted on the forum. just got my lesson in the mail today. awesome stuff. have a good one everyone.

11 Likes

Amazing job, @wildgolfer . . . :+1:

Wishing you good luck in the course, and all best, Joe

2 Likes

that’s awesome ! I guess it’s possible to modify the neck to make it thinner ?

2 Likes

Whoa! That’s awesome.

2 Likes

I love round wounds but yeah that’s weird for a fretless, I would guess they would eat the fretboard up.

4 Likes

Added a Squire Bronco to my collection. Wanted to try out a short scale.

5 Likes

This is my Mike Dirnt Squire P Bass that I got for my 13th Birthday. I quit playing the bass about a year later and re-started just about 2 months ago (I am 21 now). And I regret having ever stopped and leaving this lovely instrument in the closet for so long. Therefore, I am grateful for this platform and Josh’s lessons that have helped me getting back into it in no time.

9 Likes

Welcome aboard, @paul1812 . . . :slight_smile:

Glad you decided to get back into it at an earlier age than most of us . . when you get the chance, don’t forget to add your data to our poll: Bassbuzz Demographics (a poll)

See you around the Forums and good luck in the course!

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

Nice looking Warwick amp too, what is that?

2 Likes

That is my Warwick blue cab 30 Watt combo. Great amp, the only one I own and at at this stage not looking to get anything bigger any time soon.

2 Likes

I’m using a Rickenbacker 4003s with an Orange Crush Bass 100 to annoy my neighbours. This is my first bass and I HAD to get a Rick since I’m such a huge Sleep / OM fan.

11 Likes

That’s a really great setup, @nicobuehrer . . . . :+1:

Welcome aboard and see you around the Forums!

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@cmalnyk I’ll be interested to hear your report of how you like the short scale. It seems like you’d have to retrain your muscle memory.

2 Likes

@PamPurrs Yes, that thought about muscle memory did occur to me. I’m counting on the fact that I don’t have very good muscle memory at this point! :laughing:

3 Likes

@cmalnyk @PamPurrs, I have an Ibanez TMB30 short scale and I find it very easy to play. No trouble at all switching between it and a standard 34" scale bass.

4 Likes

Thought this would be a cool way to start.
Just ordered a Yamaha TRBX304. Looking forward to a little more versatility. I guess. LoL

10 Likes

A T-Bird is always a thing of beauty . . . :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Forums, @TShamenek

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

It seems like these names come up again and again for higher end basses, I’m only about a year into playing bass, but, am getting an itch to try a brand like this, to see if it really lives up to the reputation. Does anyone own one of these brand’s basses, or similar? What did you think of it when “upgrading” from another brand, and was it worth it? I know a bass is such a personal preference thing, but, seems like these are just made better, higher quality parts, and pricier.

A Lakland Skyline 44-01 is on sale locally, and the ask price is great, $525, compared to Reverb listings, and it has good reviews. It’s likely much more entry level for a brand like this, but I’m thinking of trying it out, to get a feeling of how basses like this are.

@JT , keep us posted on your custom Suhr Classic J, a year’s a long time to wait!!

3 Likes