Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

When I decided I wanted to take this journey I read LOTS of reviews and watched LOTS of YouTube videos to narrow my search for a bass. I got it down to two and found two different music stores within an hour that had one of each. Then Covid-19 happened, the world shut down, and I couldn’t go try either of them out.

So off to eBay I went. I found a reputable music store seller and bought my new Ibanez SR370E. It’s actually a factory second because there is a VERY small blemish where the neck connects to the body on one side. When it arrived I knew where to look to see how bad it was from the sellers pics. Even knowing where it is, I can barely see it. I picked this beauty up for $270 and they seem to have done a very good setup on it as well. I’m totally pleased with it!!!

Chris

17 Likes

That Fender is absolutely GORGEOUS! What a find!

4 Likes

@ericabulman don’t know if you’re aware of that, it’s the high-end range of the American-made Fender. the name of the range changes depending on the year : Deluxe, Elite … it’s a higher range than my MIA Precision for example. certainly an excellent instrument !

and the transparent finish shows it’s an ash body, probably very heavy, yeah.

4 Likes

I know! I feel very fortunate, @Theron . My boyfriend kicked my leg like eight times hard under the table when my hairdresser suggested his asking price.

6 Likes

@terb I did a bit of research when he offered to sell it to me — and it quickly became evident that it was a great bass. I thought the partial transparency was odd at first but it’s very cool. A lucky find for sure.

4 Likes

Thanks @steeler.fan51 , yeah, it seemed too good to be true, the seller ended up letting me know he sold it to someone else though, but all good, because it got me looking at Lakland basses - they are great! Another day, another find, and definitely a nice idea to make sure all is okay with it so it doesn’t just become a wallhanger.

3 Likes

A P-bass with a big humbucker at the bridge? Tell me more :slight_smile:

That looks like a fantastic bass.

3 Likes

Very nice! I have loved every SR I have picked up and played, excellent choice.

2 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

There’s just something about modern Yamaha and Ibanez necks that I like. Maybe twice as much as other basses, actually. I mean, I love my Warwick too, and I’ve tried lots of nice Fenders and other brands, but there’s no contest for me when it comes to how Yamaha or Ibanez basses feel and play.

To be fair I should give ESP more of a shot though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have absolutely LOVED every Schecter I have picked up. I really want to find a 4 string version of my Schecter Stiletto Elite 5.
I have been looking at others on Offer Up, and almost bought one the other day for a STEAL. IT PLAYED GREAT, FELT GREAT AND WAS AWESOME, OTHER THEN THE ACTION WAS A LITTLE HIGH TO MY LIKING, AND I think the neck had a little twist in it, and I am not sure if it could be fixed and how to fix it? It was $150 for a C-4xxx. Another sold for $270, and on reverb it is over $300.

The gap on the E string at the 12th fret, when hosting the string at the 1st and 22nd fret seemed larger then the gap on the G string. How much, I couldn’t say, but it seemed big enough. Possibly double.

Edit: sorry for the caps, I didn’t see it stuck on. Tee finicky to edit posts in the iPad window, it is a pain, so I am leaving it🤪

Thanks @howard :slightly_smiling_face:. I’m no expert but from what I’ve read, the active electronics with the humbucking pickup at the bridge expand the tonal range of the bass. The heavier bridge provides more tonal separation, clarity and sustain.

1 Like

Daaaaang. That is really nice.

If you need to find the year of manufacture, you can put the serial number in on this website.

3 Likes

Thanks, @eric.kiser ! I did that and it said 1998. I also have the original purchase papers, which is nice.

2 Likes

I really like that bass. Well done.

2 Likes

A beaut.

1 Like

@Theron
L
Nice bass👍

1 Like

My first bass.

12 Likes

Love the color!