Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

That’s a really nice pic, @csmundell ! The way you’ve arranged it in front of the fireplace, the blue and brown tones, etc.

And that bass is nice, too! :wink:

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes

Very nice. Enjoy it.

2 Likes

Thank you! @Jazzbass19 I had to work very fast once I turned it on because it heats up very fast and gets VERY hot that close. I didn’t want to damage my new favorite toy :heart_eyes:

Chris

3 Likes

Very nice @tamaraster.

My new SR300 just arrived. The neck great, but the action WAS set rather high. No prob there, it’s all dialed in now. First thoughts.
“I LOVE THIS THING”. And not only cuz it’s…
Orange. I would still love it even if it were black or white.

Joining the family

Now to plug in and play.

8 Likes

Wow, they look really great, @T_dub . . . :+1:

Wishing you lots of happy playing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m so happy - I ended up getting rid of my Ibanez gsr180 because I had to move house and ran out of room. However, I gave it to a friend of mine to sell in his shop.

Turns out when I spoke to him yesterday, he’s still got it! So I grabbed it back and sorted the cash out etc.

And I’m so glad I did - even though even I can tell the difference between the different basses (anyone else noticed this after playing for so long / doing the course for a while? I could never tell in the past), it immediately felt comfortable to play, straight away. It’s strange how your hands and subconscious work. And believe me, it’s true - because once I’d become re-familiar with it again, I gave it the ultimate test - Billie Jean. And it was absolutely great. Still got those tricky shifts but it felt much easier to play on an entry level bass compared to some fenders. So it definitely deserves pride of place in the family once again :slight_smile:

So I feel I’ve learnt something tonight that I’ve always been aware about and heard of, but never experienced it myself. Have now!

And here is the plucky bugger, looking quite pleased with herself -

So cool that you can learn so much from musical instruments :slight_smile:

Admittedly, I’m back on my p bass for the lessons now - but that’s another story!

Disclaimer - I may need to get out more, but strengthening my bond with my basses during lockdown seems the only sane thing to do :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Great story @quadfather. I am glad you got your GSR back, and glad you told the story here.
It inspired me to make a desision about my GSR200.
I just now decided to keep it forever instead of passing it on or selling it to make room. Even tho I have only had it for a little over 3 months, I now realize it is, and will always be the bass :guitar: I first did B2B with, and learned the dreaded Billie Jean upon.
:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

i agree great story @quadfather it is a nice looking bass.
I still have my first bass a Yamaha rbx200, and I sometimes get it out for a scratch.
and your right about the acquaintance you build up with different basses.
I will never sell the old Yamaha.
I will take a picture of it and upload.
here are a couple of pics of my collection.

15 Likes

:astonished: What a large and extravagant family you have. :astonished:
:astonished: That is a beautiful collection of basses. :astonished:

3 Likes

Nice Thumb :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome, love your Ricks and the Thumb there @TNKA36 .

2 Likes

a pretty serious collection indeed !

3 Likes

That’s quite a collection . . . :slight_smile:

Looks great, @TNKA36 :+1:

3 Likes

Love your family!

3 Likes

Glad I managed to help with your GSR200! haha

2 Likes

Very nice family portrait. How did you get them to stay still for the photo session?
:wink:

5 Likes

Just finished mounting the wall mounts yesterday evening so here’s a picture of the ensamble and a detialed one from Greg.
Got him for 299€ as he was labeled as refurbished due to some painting issues I couldn’t find yet.

10 Likes

:+1:t2::+1:t2: - two thumbs up for “Greg”

3 Likes

Very nice, @enkhiel :slight_smile:

They’re on display . . . yet out of harm’s way :+1:

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes

Now that’s what I call artwork :+1:

3 Likes