Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

,nah, I spent at least 20 min with each one today.
I love playing each of them.

4 Likes

I will take that bet.

3 Likes

Very nice, @T_dub . . . . :wink:

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

I love the look of the Framus! It looks a lot like a tiesco guitar, which I love the look of.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s interesting! I had thought Framus mostly made acoustic stuff.

3 Likes

Wow, this Orange O bass…is possibly the most orange thing I’ve ever seen. It’s absolutely striking. And it also comes with a black pickguard if I wanted to swap it out. And it comes with intonation allen keys, and a nice printed design on a decent gig bag. I think the action will need lowering a tad, but I’ll give it a go first.

I’m definitely in love with the white/black/orange headstock. That’s something else.

11 Likes

Oh man… you have no idea how orange things can get! :rofl:

4 Likes

@peterhuppertz - Haha, yes, I’d never find my bass in that crowd :smiley:

3 Likes

Fixed that for you. :smile:

2 Likes

Very nice, @quadfather . . . :slight_smile:

Very orange, too! :wink:

Cheers and good luck with it, Joe

2 Likes

I am running out of room! But very happy with it all. That’s it now. Zero spending from now on. Final.

13 Likes

that’s what they all say…

3 Likes

I’ve heard that before today.
Is it something in the water?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Cool O Bass! I’ve only ever seen one on the Orange website. Did you order direct from Orange?

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

@eric.kiser - I’m in the uk, and I saw it on the PMT online website, which isn’t that far from me, so went for that. I think I’m in love with it!

2 Likes

In these strange new times we live in @juli0r
I think @T_dub has plenty of time to share his love with the whole family.
It may change when we all get back to some normality.:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Nice family @quadfather.
The guys are right
Man that orange is BRIGHT and I love the scratch plate design,it fits really nice on the shape of the body​:+1::+1:

3 Likes

Ah well. These strange new times don’t help my income unfortunately. I’m a programmer for a touristic company so I have to reign in my spending a bit. But it’s part of a bigger company so I don’t have to worry about losing the job. It’s just that we currently do 50% work 50% salary (+60% of the missing half. German work law stuff, whatever)

Fortunately I have enough saved up for things like getting a setup for my bass and a home studio setup, but I plan on keeping it singular for each component at least until after these strange times. I hope I still manage to keep playing. Currently it’s more like I just have too much time on hands and bass is the only thing that makes time fly by for me currently…
Which means I’m having fun and so probably will continue even when not having that much time anymore.

3 Likes

Hey @juli0r,
I’m in Melbourne and we are in level 3 lockdown, hoping that it gets eased back next week.
I work for the government and am lucky that I can work from home,so from a financial perspective I have not had any impact.
I just have more time to practice my chops and share the experience with my 4 stringed family :joy::joy:

4 Likes