Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

I’d say “that must be nice”, but to my mind it really wasn’t after the first two weeks or so.
It’s also not that I’m struggling for money, but it’s a bit less than I’m used to and I’m trying to be actively aware of that.

Doesn’t help my bass strap broke today. The fake leather just tore. Fixed it with flex tape so I could keep playing. Well at least I reacted fast enough so the bass wasn’t harmed at all.

3 Likes

Hi @juli0r,
Glad no damage done, it’s easy to replace a strap than a bass.
Nice work :+1:

2 Likes

Haha YAY Polysics!

2 Likes

Stunning. Great bass. I really like it. I mean, I covet it.
I am ultimately in love❣️
I would go black pick guard if, I mean, when I get one sometime in the future.

Congrats.

3 Likes

I have been on disability since 10/16/19, and with insurance I take home the same salary. I am spending way less on most things right now, have been alleviated of many financial burdens, and new living situation is 1/4 what it was before disability. I will remain on disability thru October, 2020, and am seriously considering a career change, so that I no longe “live to work” and will “work enum to live with time for me to enjoy life” instead, and that means, plenty of time for bass, and to explore opportunities to play with others as much as possible, as long as it is fun, and I am playing because I want to, not because I have too, in general.
I am sure I will settle into my favorite, Go to Basses, and others will get less playing time, but other then my GSR200, if I stop playing any one of them outright, I will put it up for sale.

Keeping the cheap GSR200 because it is both the first one I bought (used with an amp for $125, and I am gonna sell the amp, starting list $50) and second, the Bass I did B2B on The Who,e first time thru.

1 Like

Hi @Schmeep,
A few more pictures of the Framus up close

5 Likes

This is fun…Here is my collection so far! Randomly I bought myself a Hofner but the black Ibanez Gia was my first, gifted to me by a young man with beautiful long hair and a heart full of Hendrix. They’re not pets. They are there for me, I’m not there for them. If you know what I mean.

7 Likes

My collection of cheap basses :grin:

I started playing the vintage looking, single coil Harley Benton P-Bass in February (which I love).

Last month I decided I wanted to tryout a Jazz bass and I picked up 2nd hand a J&D Jazz together with a Squier P Bass that were in need of some attention, along with an amp and a bunch of other equipment for only 170euros for the lot.

After cleaning them, restringing and taking them apart to learn about the electronics and adding a cool new black pickguard on the Squier I ended up selling the Squier with an amp and all the equipment I got with it for 195euros and I kept the Jazz Bass.

That P Bass had a great sound though and once I’m a bit further along with my bass skills I think I’ll look at buying a higher end Squier or Fender P Bass, so I can hang with the cool kids :wink:

10 Likes

Nice @Wallace, welcome

2 Likes

Oh, that’s a nice one! You don’t come across these very often… most Hofners I see are the violin model (the Paul McCartney bass).

3 Likes

Isn’t that sometimes called a “Telecaster bass”? I thought the single coil pickups preceded the P…
I like that blue J!

3 Likes

[quote=“peterhuppertz, post:1461, topic:608”]
Isn’t that sometimes called a “Telecaster bass”? I thought the single coil pickups preceded the P…

That’s totally right… the original Fender model PBass in the 50’s had the same shape headstock as the Telecaster and the bodies were thick like the Telly … later on they modified the design and added the contours to the body and the classic double pick up.

2 Likes

Hi @Wallace,
You know what, it doesn’t matter what they cost at the end of the day if they bring you joy and play how you like that’s all that matters.
By the way they look awesome
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Hi @Rakkas,
Nice weapons you have :+1:

2 Likes

Hey @T_dub,
I hope all is well with you.
Sorry to hear about you’re situation, I’m sure everything will work out for you.
You have a great family that you get to enjoy.
Keep chopping.:+1::+1:

2 Likes

Welcome @Wallace!

2 Likes

@T_dub Black white black would also be nice, she is fair bonnie Bass

2 Likes

this is the 1951 design, which has a bit evolved over the years but the Precision Basses still had the single coil pickup until 1957 when they created the 2nd version of the Precision Bass, with the split coil, which is still now the standard design of this model.

4 Likes

@T_dub It’s an absolute monster as well! I played it for a few hours last night, and it really wants you go give it everything and dig in like mad.

I know it’s bright, and it has new strings etc, but blimey, it’s really got some oomph.

And it sounds really good if you palm mute it and do some funky style riffs - I was loving that.

Yeah, it’s definitely a different sounding bass that I’m going to have a lot of fun with.

I keep putting the black pickguard over the white one, but because the headstock is mainly white, I like the balance of the white in two places.

Well, I do at the moment, will see later on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is great, good to know, and in no way helps me in keeping the family at its current size.

I have a solution to the pick guard dilemma. One that I would probably use. Get another bass for yeh black pick guard. Lol
Twins!!!
:crazy_face::thinking::joy:

2 Likes