Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Bad ass

2 Likes

@TNKA36. This Peavey Millennium BXP4 just popped up, with a case for $200 USD.
Maybe @howard will want it too, it’s his color🤔

5 Likes

Here are mine:

2003 Ibanez GSR200

2020 Fender American Professional Jazz Bass

11 Likes

Gotta love the Jazz bass . . . but then again, I may be biased, @JDDaniel . . . :wink:

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes

Ooh yeah amethyst, love the color.

2 Likes

Love that red color !

3 Likes

A bass is just not for Christmas, Rescued from the dump

13 Likes

Added a new bass to my stable, Jackson X Series Spectra Bass SBX IV. Ordered it thru Top 40 Guitars in Santee, CA, my local independent guitar shop and Jackson dealer. Thanks to Brandon for the set up and putting on the GHS Bass Boomers for me.

15 Likes

Very nice, and good to see you back, @Cassivellaunus . . . :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That weapon is briiiight !!!
Very nice👍

3 Likes

You got the ORANGE one?
I am so envious of you.

And welcome back to the forum @Cassivellaunus

Orange is my color, I have 3 orange ones, and always looking for more.

A beautiful Ibanez SR400 something just popped up on the used apps, and I have to seriously push to not get it.

If my other two Basses I have up for sale sell, and it’s there, well, you get the Idea.

Speaking of what just popped on the used market @rory

Should I find out how much shipping costs :joy::joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

& T_dub, thanks. It’s been a nutty few months.
b.s.excavations, oh yeah man and it sounds as hot as it looks! If you’re jonesing for another orange bass you should give this one a serious look.

This one is replacing the ESP B4. That bass just didn’t wow me. It seemed like the type of bass an adult would play. Despite what my driver’s license says and my grey hair, I ain’t no adult when it comes to my taste in instruments. This Jackson has the same kind of 3 band EQ but it is much more responsive and seems like it has a greater range of tone shaping. Definitely more bombastic. It made me go, “Wowzers!”

2 Likes

I am looking for a short scale myself, Kinda like a Rouge as I need a bass with less weight then my Jazz bass

1 Like

So my first is a Red Ibanez GSR 200 my second I’ve had about 30 minutes is a Geretch Junior Jet Bass II (it’s a short sale). Withholding judgement on the Junior Jet for now but I can play scales better so we’ll see.

I ordered the Ibanez 24 days ago and start playing about 4 days later when I got it.

8 Likes

Um…umm…ummm if it’s a requirement to give up my B4, I may have to find a different orange bass…and long for that one from a far. I love my B4, and it’s mature, but nothing adult about it. So my only other question is…you got a B4 for Sale???

No, I love that Jackson, and will consider one for sure, but, not giving up my B4 in the process :+1:t2::+1:t2:

But it does make me eager for a damn music shop to open up so I can give one a play.

How much did that one cost? Is the sales price same as the list on the website? Or is it like LTD and some others where the actual price is about 75% ???

2 Likes

$$499 at GC, none in stock anywhere locally.
If I sell my other Bass, and the guitar I paid $20 to flip for about $120-$150, and the effects processor, I am at $475 to $525. Do I want to do this?
Idk, I am getting ahead of myself, gotta play one first.

@Cassivellaunus, is your B4 a bolt on, or neck thru??

2 Likes

Thru. There’s a picture of it somewhere on the boards.

3 Likes

I paid the list price. I guess I could have haggled but Top 40 is a small shop and I know this thing was hard on them. As it is they through in the set up and strings.

Oh yeah, yes I am selling that B4. I have it on Craig’s list.

3 Likes

How much? Where does it ship from?

2 Likes

Same as my first, color and all

2 Likes