Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

I like variety…my three from R-L. Hofner Ignition (short scale), ESP LTD C-10 (my first bass), and my newest which just came in today, My Lakland 44-01 Skyline (which I already love, great action, amazing tones, etc.)

11 Likes

Hi @Sully,
You have just acquired one of Geezer Butlers favourites
Cheers

4 Likes

That’s what first turned me on to them…love Geezers style

3 Likes

Hi @Sully,
I have every Black Sabbath album,
And could only ever dream of playing as good as him😬
I have seen them play live a few times in Melbourne in different line ups, with Ozzy, and Ronnie but Geezer and Tony have always been part of it.
They are awesome basses, I hope you enjoy it and can get your chops up and do some killer Geezer tracks
Cheers

3 Likes

Jealous…never saw them play only Ozzy. I wish I had a tenth of geezers skills…been at this off and on since early 2000s, but Joshs stuff is finally bringing it altogether

3 Likes

I have seen him a bunch, always great, especially the sabbath reunion. I love Ozzy for stepping aside at different times in each show, pointing out who is playing, and offering each member center stage to do their thing.
Tony,s turn is amazing, and hard to follow Bill ward on Drums going crazy, walking around the outer perimeter of his set, keeping the drum so,o going…
But then later in the show it’s Geezers time, and it’s like Heaven and Hell :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes, to play like Geezer is a good goal.
First riff I learned, well looked up to learn when I got my GSR200 (that I just sold for a profit) was N.I.B.
My fingers too weak to do the hammer :hammer: on fill at the end, I figured a different way to do it, including open strings, so I moved the whole riff, but…
The point is Sabbath
Only Sabbath…
Just Sabbath! :facepunch::facepunch::facepunch::facepunch:
:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

4 Likes

Hi @T_dub,
I’m hearing you, we have seen them a few times and I reckon the best concert I have been to was the end tour show.
Although Bill didn’t play the drums the rest was unf&#*& believable.
So clean and crisp.
Another of my favourite bands is Concrete Blonde, Johnette is awesome on bass and her vocals cut through you like a knife.
We saw them at the Henry Fonda theatre in 2010.
I also like REO Speedwagon and saw them 2 years running on New Year’s Eve at the Canyon club in Agoura hills up in the valley.
Cheers

4 Likes

Here ya go @T_dub
The terrible identical twins :+1:

7 Likes

A
Oh yeah, looks great👍🏻

2 Likes

… ok, I have to ask.
What’s the point of owning two identical basses?

… asking for a friend.

4 Likes

Slap time :grin:

12 Likes

Hi @peterhuppertz,
The one on the left is my first ever bass and it’s original,I have owned since around 1989.
One of the tuners was slipping and I tried getting an original one from Yamaha Australia, but the tuners are no longer available.
I put the call out to the guys on the forum to se if someone knew where I could possibly get one somewhere in the world to no avail.
I had all but given up and was ready to get a set of gotoh gb350’s and lose the originality, I went into a pawn shop today and they had no basses on display only guitars, but the bloke behind the counter said he may have something out the back?
He returned to the shop and said he had a Yamaha rbx200.
He wanted $225 and after a bit of haggling I got him down to $150 and bought it home tonight.
I changed the tuners and I’m not sure if I will sell it back to a pawn shop or I’m
Thinking I might PIMP my bass​:joy::sunglasses:
Cheers

4 Likes

Niiice @RolandDehli
Cheers

3 Likes

Nice! Has it been modded?? Seems to have a few extra knobs and switches?? Or is this the active version (which I am not familiar with)?

3 Likes

@RolandDehli Nice very nice. Can you explain the upgrades an the signature?
I thought it was a Marcus Miller at first glance.

3 Likes

It is the Marcus Miller signature model from 95 made in Japan. Very nice J Bass and very hard to come by these days, so i feel lucky :wink:

4 Likes

It is indeed the MM signature model, from when they made them in Japan. Its from 94/95 so around 25 years of age. But it looks brand new, you cant see that its that old. I was lucky to get my hands on this.

5 Likes

I kinda like those Miller signature JB with the giant pickguard. it avoids the metal plate for the pots, which I don’t like at all on the JB classic design (don’t know why really). the M.Miller versions just looks … modded.

2 Likes

Very, very nice, @RolandDehli . . . :+1:

White is my fav color, too! :wink:

Cheers, Joe

4 Likes

oh man

Google Photos

Google Photos

8 Likes