Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Love the old peaveys SWEET
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Awesome stuff @mmrunyan1. How do you like your Peavey’s. I assume you love them as you have a few. I have been thinking of getting one off the used market. There is a millennium (purple that is @howard favorite) for $200 I was thinking of, but I really want a cirrus like @JoshFossgreen Basses. There are actually a lot to choose from, Nd I think most for sale are undervalued considerably.
Just wondering what you like about yours, what if anything you dislike, and pros and cons of the models you have.

2 Likes

I love my Peaveys. The fury is my main practice guitar. Very simple controls, yet easy to get great tone. I haven’t played the Millennium much yet. The neck is pretty fast and the pickups are a bit grungy.
And then, there is the T-20. It is beastly heavy! However, it is absolutely my fave. Full on vintage awesomeness. Plus, the history of the T-20 is pretty cool. Love the tone and look.
I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another Peavey, especially a Cirrus. You can good used Peaveys at great prices. A massively overlooked brand in my estimation.

5 Likes

this T20 looks gigantic !

5 Likes

Interesting pickup!

4 Likes

It is. Weighs a ton and a half! But I love it!

6 Likes

It surprisingly punchy. Great tone. Designed to be a thumb rest. Love it!

5 Likes

Right, intonation and action done on the new two - so they’re now all happy and talking to each other

Google Photos

9 Likes

See, and you didn’t need any major construction to get them n. Now off you go to find two more.:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Well, this happened today. I really don’t know how it happened, Honestly, I was an innocent bystander. Somebody hit me with a burning flash of orange, and, well, a few slick tricks on my part, and it’s, well, in the books…

Look at how “like new” it is.

It still has the protective film on the back cover.

Ibanez SR400QM (Quilted Maple)
It is almost as “like new” as the ESP LTD B-4E I bought, just didn’t have the shipping box with it.

It was listed at $350, actually a fair price. Reverb hat one used with wear for $369 IIRC, and 3 “New” for $459 IIRC. There were 4 total available on Reverb, 1used, 3 new, but none were this amazing color.

It has a 3 Band Active like all the, or most of the SR line, this one has the High and Mid in a stacked non set up. This is the way they did or between around 2012 and 2016 or 2017.

It shows its age and that it has not been played in the dry fretboard (I have fretboard care kit with cleaners and oils on the way), but otherwise it is tip top.

As I said, it was listed at $350, but my contact with seller was
“Is it available”
“Yes”
“Are you firm on price”
“I can do $300”
“Ok”

Funny, Next thing I was gonna ask was “will you take $300?”

So, I drove up, bus I still had a trick up my sleeve, or an empty sleeve rather.
I showed up with $270

This actually was too easy. I thought I was gonna have to get slick, but after carefully examining the instrument, and agreeing to buy it, we went to my wallet in the car, where I pulled out the $270. I counted twice, and looking puzzled, I told him I was short. He asked how much, and I, all of a sudden remembering spending the $30, I said, Sorry, I forgot I spent $30, I only have $270, where is the nearest ATM?
He said, You don’t have any other money, what about your friend in the car.
I said he didn’t, but I can go get it, unless you will take the $270.
He thought for a minute, and said OK.
I made the transaction, said thanks, got in the car, and drove away.

Yes, I was playing a game, and I was prepared to pay the $300 (the amount I recently made selling a bass, amp and effects processor, all for profit).

I played the game and won, but I really think it was a split between Covid and the protesters and recent riots that won this battle.
The seller didn’t seem too comfortable being outside, in his LA neighborhood for too long. I think he wanted the sale to be done and over with.
either way, I got a bad ass ORANGE. Bass with a bad ass , thin, fast, 5 pc neck (I love these) for a bad ass price. Win, win, win!!!

Oh yeah, I also got a 3 bass tree stand in the mail today. I got it off Sweetwater for $22. Best price I ever saw for a tree, so I grabbed it. Came on the right day. Lol

10 Likes

Great looking bass @T_dub and great technique on the negotiations!
Orange seems to be a very popular colour on the forum and I’m coming round to the idea too.

4 Likes

That’s what drew me to BassBuzz on YT at first, the Orange background.
And not only because it stands out. It is my favorite color, it is a very happy color. I get orange everything if I can. Orange sunglasses, shoes, socks, cloths, jackets, sweatshirts, wallet, Basses, Amps, (brand and color, I have an Orange brand Orange Crush 20b, 20 w practice amp in Orange, it also comes in black, but what is the point, that I got for a great deal, after buying my main amp set up), and I even had an Orange Nissan Xterra for a car. Now I got it New in 2003, and my daughter now drives it. But it is definitely my color, and I am happy to see the trend. :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

I love the idea that you like the idea :facepunch::facepunch:

4 Likes

I’ve always been pretty safe with colours (is black even a colour - physics debate!) choosing black mobile phones, black hifi separates, black car etc etc.
When I chose my first bass, I deliberately forced myself to get something completely different, and went for bright red.
Maybe when I’ve learnt enough to justify it, I’ll upgrade to a better bass in orange, and shock my family once again! Cheers @T_dub

5 Likes

That sounds great, stepping out of your shell. I love it

3 Likes

Nice work @T_dub,
You’re a shark :joy::joy:

3 Likes

:shark: infested waters :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Gotta love an early Father’s Day gift. Ibanez GSRM20. Fun little short scale!

12 Likes

Happy Bassday to me. My recent birthday present to myself.

The shop gave me the gig bag for free. Best of all my wife didn’t object. Race Red Squier P Bass. Pretty sure this will be the last one for a while. I’ll try and get a group shot posted soon.

15 Likes

Nice, and happy birthday!

3 Likes

Always nice when the wife is in agreement!
Nice Bass!

3 Likes