Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Ok, I looked it up.

The TA-204-FRX was issued between 2015 and 2018 and is in the LTD line still.

That is what I have. It is not a direct copy of the F, it has added cut out on the bottom end of the bass, shown here.

The current model, I assume same as last year, so 2019 to present is , pictured in above post

ESP
TOM ARAYA FRX - $4699 List
TA-604-FRX - $1199 List

LTD
TA-204-FRX - $699 List

I have seen this TA-600 as well, so it is earlier then 2015, idk when

And this TOM ARAYA FRX from 2012

This is what I have so far.

The bottom cut out on the 600 in the middle is different then the one on bottom, you almost can’t tell from the photo, it’s cut off a bit, but I saw other pics that show it’s different, it’s kind of a double scoop cut.

5 Likes

Man I like that FRX :star_struck:

3 Likes

Loving the pentagrams :joy:

4 Likes

Me too, I am way happy to get another great deal.

Yes, and with some RED strings, this baby will soon be “Raining Blood”

4 Likes

Killer looking basses.

I actually really like the natural wood grain F-series the best, I think.

It looks like an evil tree.

7 Likes

With a more “normal” looking body (like the B4-E (NT?)), I would agree :grin:

2 Likes

I love the B series too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh, I hadn’t seen them with fanned frets…

Have you ever played on a bass with fanned frets? (To prepare for your Dingwall???!!!)

3 Likes

Nope! Haven’t tried my eventual Dingwall yet.

They also make that one (the B1004) with standard frets:

gorgeous bass.

8 Likes

If I were to ever get an F, I would get the F-4E, and try for the 2013-2017 era, so it matches my B-4E exactly.
I have the TA-204-FRX in black already, and I am not big on black Basses normally anyway.
Not so much for white either, although I would own one if it were the right bass, but all in all, I love color, and natural wood, and Color splash over wood grain. I like those Corts that kind of look like a B-4E with some color splash on them.

I have seen RES early model F Basses that I am sure you would like as well @howard

3 Likes

I bet I would too!

2 Likes

Hi @howard,
Love the colour of the timber👍
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

9 Likes

Nice selection there @Tokyo_Rat :+1:
Reckon T_Dub will like the middle one

2 Likes

thank you I bought that for my son 13 yrs ago when he was 10 because he said I need a 5 string because my friends want me to learn a song that requires it…I always said he’d never have to beg for gear like I did so I went out and bought one…he stopped playing not long after and I inherited all the gear I bought him. The sticker bass was a freebie from a friend it had a decal I didn’t like so instead of removing the decal I covered the bass in stickers, the EB3 I just bought at a pawnshop for $100

5 Likes

I know what your son means about needing a 5 string for certain songs . It’s a shame he gave it up but good on ya for buying it for him :+1:
Must admit I do like the sticker bombed one

2 Likes

I’m a sucker for that look…

7 Likes

Nice rigs @Tokyo_Rat.
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Thnx Brian, more than I will out grow for yrs to come…although I did order some some new pickups for the sticker…an alnico 5 pbass replacement and a ceramic J replacement…they cost almost nothing so if it doesn’t improve the sound I’ll either chuck em or give them away other than that I’m done with acquisitions

5 Likes

Famous last words. :wink:

4 Likes