Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

Ibanez which someone gave to me to start my lessons.
Not sure about the exact model. On the neck, it shows SDGR

16 Likes

That right one is beauty…with 5 strings, it would cause me a boner lol

1 Like

It’s weird, it sounds great, especially for a “bitsa this, bitsa that” home build :sweat_smile:
I put some TI Jazz flats on, since they’re pretty highly rated too, but they just don’t feel right, like, clingy on my fingers I guess :man_shrugging: not “silky smooth” to me, the way they’re usually described, at all :joy: sticking to rounds :rofl:

3 Likes

TI Jazz Flats are indeed smooth as glass - the smoothest flats by far of the many I’ve tried.

But to play any flats slickly and smoothly, you’ve got to alter the pressure from how you play rounds. Got to. A lighter touch works great.

That said, if doing so isn’t enough to grease the skids for you, there’s always Finger Ease, or any other similar string lubricant.

But, man, if I used that stuff, I wouldn’t be able to keep my fingers from slipping off the fretboard. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Ohh, makes sense I guess :sweat_smile:
Well, since getting the amp the other day, fret buzz I thought was a problem, is no more, just playing too hard :joy:
The left hand though, that may take more adjusting :rofl:

4 Likes

I have dove deep into the perfect string/pickup/bass combos. It’s crazy how awesome finding the right match can be.

2 Likes

I was referring to the fretting hand. I find that I approach fretting pressure for flats and rounds differently.

3 Likes

I posted a picture of my new bass a couple months ago, but I’ve been able to play it for a bit now, finally. It’s pretty amazing. It’s hard to stop playing it. Definitely a difference between an American Fender and a Squier.

21 Likes

Yeah, fretting hand needs work in general :joy:
Know that I fret too hard, but I still can’t seem to help it :joy:

3 Likes

Here’s my little collection, will get better pictures later on once I’ve finished sorting the room out.

8 Likes

SDGR is the abbreviation for Soundgear, the line of instruments, also abbreviated SR. There are a number of models within the line. If you want to know the exact model, find the serial number (most likely on the rear of the headstock) an look it up on a website like this

https://www.guitardaterproject.org/ibanez.aspx

And it will give information on your bass - year, model, factory and things like that

4 Likes

Upgraded my basses from my first post. So here are my 2 mains…
BACCHUS JAZZ WL (Universe Series)
-Bartolini 9S L/S (single coil) pickups
-Babicz Bridge
-Audere Pro JZ3 - 2 Band (changing to a Lusithand Single NFP J plate filter)
-D’Addario Chromes Flats (45-100)

And my FENDER JAZZ
-Fender USA Standard JB body in Olympic White
-Purple pearl pickguard
-Fender Roasted Maple Vintera 70’s JB neck
-Leo Quan Badass III bridge string thru body (chrome)
-Fender Pure Vintage 70’s tuning machines (chrome)
-Starr Guitars wiring harness with series/parallel switch
-Kent Armstrong Hot Lips JB pickups.
-EB Cobalt Flats 45-100

18 Likes

That looks so awesome @HowieD72

3 Likes

Here’s the latest. holy crap! love the scale of the body. It looks so tiny I can’t wait to play on this one.

So we are going with Satin Oak/ Paudak. it’s going to be so much fun.

Compressed fit back plate.

21 Likes

That looks fantastic, Al! Congrats on another unique beauty.

4 Likes

Thanks @MikeC I can’t wait to see the built video too, lol.

I’ve having tons of fun with the IEMs. Listening to gear through music is just a bliss, lol. Gotta brushed up my playing before this “Petite” arrives at my shed. Hope it sounds as good as it looks.

4 Likes

Thanks @Al1885 :grinning:

3 Likes

I just treated myself to this new bass which I’ve only had a couple of days and absolutely love already!

19 Likes

linked to short love thread. exceptional :star2:

2 Likes

Do you make bass from scratch? That’s pretty amazing.

3 Likes