Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

Oh that’s a stunning bass! Love it.

3 Likes

Very nice bass! I love the look of natural wood (obviously, from my own first choice of bass that I just bought yesterday).

4 Likes

Yeah that’s a great looking bass

2 Likes

Right… but does @Barney press wild flowers?

2 Likes

I had a Thunderbird but got fed up with the neck dive - it was distracting while I was learning. Loved the sound, and it played nicer than my Yamaha TRBX504, but it just got too much for me. Mine was in natural wood finish, and it looked gorgeous hanging on the wall.

3 Likes

Fender 1959 Custom Shop P Bass - Journeyman aging on Seafoam finish.

Was watching this one for months on Reverb and finally decided to call the shop directly and inquire about it. Rainbow Guitars in Tuscon has been closed to the public since the pandemic but they still do mail order business and in-person appointments as well. Anyways, I called them up to ask if there was some wiggle room on the price. I was delighted to hear that they would mark it down 15% but I wanted a few more pictures before making the call.

When they sent over the shots I noticed the COA said 2021 which puzzled me a bit. So I called back and asked about this and they said they had been short staffed during Covid and some inventory was found in the back of the warehouse that was not listed for sale on their website (or Reverb). This bass was listed maybe 5-6 months ago on Reverb from what I recall.

So it’s a 2021 model but still brand new since the shop has been closed to the public? Very interesting indeed! So I said let’s do the deal! And here it is!

I decided to keep rounds on it for now as I wanted something different from my other Ps. Might go with some half-rounds but not sure yet. It’s got the chunky 60s P neck that was a little unfamiliar at first but I’m getting along with it much better now. Will probably remove the pickup cover soon as well since that’s throwing my thumb placement off a bit as well.

I just did my Iron Man cover with this bass if you want to see it in action.

19 Likes

I wasn’t planning on getting another bass so soon but the price was right, plus like you said they’re so pretty. I heard some people move the strap button more to the top helps the neck drive. Might try that in the future.

3 Likes

Very nice!

4 Likes

Now my Jazz has a Seafoam friend. They look amazing together.

20 Likes

Almost heaven, Fender P bass

4 Likes

18 Likes

17 Likes

Those are my bases that I use right now.
Jackson Concert series. Ibanez G10 5 string and Fender Precision. I have a 89’s BC Rich white warlock and a Rickenbacker copy also.

4 Likes

Beautiful @cheeze_pizza
Welcome to the Custom Shop club!!

They are amazing basses.

5 Likes

If you ever want to sell that POS Jino let me know :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I had a difficult time deciding on a starter bass (just learning) when I saw this Squire series on sale at GC for just under $300.

20 Likes

Black and gold - good combo

3 Likes

Oh man! that’s, That’s just, just. Wow! good one Cheezy! @cheeze_pizza

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Too excited to take the tags off :joy:

27 Likes