Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

I wish that they swap the function of the push/pull knob and the 2 way switch. I’d much rather have the 2 way switches as active passive than the bridge pickup selectors.

Their drop in preamp for the regular jazz bass is at the top of my list on my next mod/ built.

2 Likes

Glockenklang FTW

3 Likes

I’m trying out the Audere on my Jazz. We’ll see

3 Likes

So far the best passive I’ve tried is the Fralin pickup and preamp. Active all have been quite good especially EMG vintage. Sonar and Aguilar are pretty great as well.

Fender seems to perform slightly below the aftermarket at about the same price.

2 Likes

Nordstrand pickups have special wiring for buffered preamps, and they mention Audere by name, so I would thought I would give them a try. There are 3 wires coming out of each pickup, white, black and gray. White goes to the preamp, black goes to common, and gray goes to ground. They’re also local, well, 3 hours from here. Thought I would give them a try

2 Likes

I thought this turned out pretty good so would share…
I decided the chrome pickup covers on my bass might be too much (so reflective!), so to tone them down I skate-stickerbombed them

18 Likes

Love it!!

2 Likes

It arrived at my office today, but I only had time to unpack and play it for around 15 minutes. Who is the idiot that took their motorcycle to work today? This guy. Needless to say I will have to go back this weekend and get it.

First impressions were great, definitely was worth the wait. I will post some pics when when I get it home.

4 Likes

That looks awesome. You should do the control plate too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Fantastic.

3 Likes

I am considering it…the plates odd shape, differing angle to the pickup guards, and the need to remove the dials to do it properly is putting me off so far

3 Likes

Looks great! Not sure it actually toned them down though :joy:

5 Likes

Went first thing this morning to pick it up. Once I brought it home, I was really able to focus on it. This thing is UNBELIEVABLE, I have never played a bass that is quite like it. The builder did such a great job with the build and the custom hardware. The different sounds you can get out of the three pickups is amazing. Sorry for the bad pictures, it’s overcast here today, and the light isn’t that great in my music room. It doesn’t help that I am a terrible photographer (ask my kids).

24 Likes

Serious cool!

3 Likes

Wait what? What kind of wood is on your neck? I thought it was just maple neck? Love the Espresso color. Love the inlays.

Is that a 3 way or 5 way switch, the setup looks deceptively simple both knobs gotta be push/ pull right? The pickups look really bada$$, with the body armor on them, lol.

Wow! Congrats @AnotherJosh lots of attention to details, from electronic, neck, fingerboard, neck plate.

5 Likes

Overcast is usually better for getting good photographs than blazing sunlight and deep shadows :wink:

Congrats on the bass!!

6 Likes

Wow, what a really unique bass.
Lot’s of lovely details everywhere you look.

10 out 10!

7 Likes

It’s a walnut neck with maple fretboard and maple veneer on headstock. 5 way switch, with just volume and tone controls. Ive been playing mostly center and neck humbuckers, it sounds like a P on steroids.

7 Likes

Congrats, Josh! What a score! Beautiful, unique bass.

7 Likes

Very nice! Congrats!

7 Likes