Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

Thanks @JerryP I’m testing it out now, posting the testing as soon as it’s uploaded.

5 Likes

So many pretty new thunder sticks! @John_E that thing is a beauty. And @Al1885 you know I like me some gold. Smitten.

6 Likes

Most excellent @John_E . Looks very tidy

5 Likes

this weekend was my spring adjustment time for my TRBX174 and Paranormal Jazz '54. this looks like an emergency room for basses:

20 Likes

There you go! I went for the “vintage” version of the Squier 40th P but they are all sweet :slight_smile: Looking forward to what you think, to me this is the most fun to play bass I’ve tried.

5 Likes

That rug really brings the emergency room together.

11 Likes

:rofl:

5 Likes

18 Likes

15 Likes

I previously wrote about this bass…but now it is here!

in short…it is a 40 year old MIJ P bass and I love it (even the knocks and the rusty screws)…it is easy to get it to sound ‘right’ (to me), and I really like the u neck, I play it alot

I waited a little time to post in here because while a black bass with white pickguard is classic it is also a little too generic, so it needed something…so to begin its new life as a punk bass it now looks like this:

20 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but that cat you had attached to that first bass looks awesome! I’d try reattaching it.

Such a great looking bass!

5 Likes

Oh yeah, this was the one with the messed up listing. Good for you. Glad to hear you finally got it. :sunglasses::+1:

5 Likes

Oil your fretboards people!
This has been a Public Service Announcement.

14 Likes

Bet it made a slurping sound when you oiled it :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

That’s… effing rad, @John_E. For reals.

6 Likes

Here is my new bass for completing B2B.

32 Likes

Wow! What a great reward. I love everything about that bass, except that they obviously delivered it to the wrong address…

8 Likes

Yes!!! Awesome :slight_smile:
I love the 40th Anniversary P, and the Jazz has my attention too, lol.
Enjoy that beauty!

7 Likes

I was fighting with myself back and forth between the 2. In the end, I’m just a sucker for white binding on a blueish shade body, gold hardware are just cherries on top.

I’m still thinking about the vintage white, its satin finish on paint and neck is just simply awesome. The body finish is like baby powder, I have the same finish on my American Performer Mustang. I just love how it feels.

5 Likes

I sold a bass today and the buyer came and bought a bass and also checked out my Steve Harris build. He just flipped out and asked me if I want to trade with his MIJ Fender ‘51 Reissued, he went home and grabbed it. It’s very nice and I like it. Next thing I know we just shook hand and swapped, lol. Also comes with a nice vintage tweed Fender case.

I really love the simplicity of it, the craftsmanship is really on par with the custom shop i tried. It has Flats on right now, I’m debating whether or not to change.

Here it is

21 Likes