Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

My newest addition. A Harley Benton B-30BK-FL. I bought it as a B Stock item for $111 USD plus shipping. There are some minor finish flaws around the area where the finger board meets the body but otherwise it looks great! I have a set of D’Addario tape wound strings on the way that should be here tomorrow. I may replace the strap buttons and tuning machines with black but I haven’t decided yet.

16 Likes

You can’t beat that price, hope you like how it plays/sounds.
What type of preamp does it have in it?

2 Likes

That looks like a ton of bass for $111.00 ! Enjoy it!

3 Likes

Yes. It has a built in tuner, a 4 band eq with high and low mids, and both a 1/4 jack and an XLR out.

4 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Ran into something new for me. I bought an Fender Mustang. I played it at home for a couple of days before taking it in for a setup. The luthier took a look at it and said I should take it back. He was right. The neck had a slight twist to it I didn’t look for when buying it but could see when looking down the bridge.

Thankfully, another Guitar Center in town had one, so I was able to easily exchange it. They were very nice. Nice silver lining is the wood grain on the replacement is better looking than the defect.

5 Likes

Since this photo, I’ve added a Jack Casady to the roster.

20 Likes

Great pic!

4 Likes

They’re all backwards :wink:

6 Likes

No rug?

10 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

No, I don’t wear a rug. I decided just to let my bald spot shine. Like my basses on the floor that’s not carpeted. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My hands are backwards too.

11 Likes

BAD ASS!!

6 Likes

Having gone through many years when I couldn’t buy a toothpick, I feel so fortunate to be able to have this collection. Sometimes, I’ll play each one a few minutes, go through them all, and then feel extra fortunate to be able to play instruments that sound and feel great.

11 Likes

No anatomical commentary here, but that is badass. :wink:

5 Likes

Baby brother has arrived: Spalted maple top, walnut semi-hollow body, white oak neck, ebony fingerboard, Fodera Duncan Dual Coil Humbuckers, newly designed Fodera/Pope 2023 standard preamp, acrylic satin finish, and hybrid pickup spacing which is between 60’s and 70’s spacing.

28 Likes

@booker_t Prince Wooten hisself would gasp at that picture!!!

8 Likes

That’s more than some smaller countries’ GDP right there :astonished:

Nice!

12 Likes

Hey, I don’t fish, golf, ski, travel, and no longer pay the ex-wife. This is my enjoyment. Thanks.

14 Likes