Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

Very nice!

3 Likes

Wowsers! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I must confess that colour had me but she plays beautifully, which I was expecting but was equally stunned about!

3 Likes

Falling in love all over again… again!

One of the perks of having several basses (eight in my case) is that there is a chance to fall in love with them again and again over time :wink:
I hadn’t played my Yamaha TRB5Pii a lot recently; it is strung E-C and I use it for some “projects”. The strings (E-G) are old TI jazz rounds taken off another bass augmented with a 027 Pyramid Ni round. And despite the old and hodgepodge strings, this bass is just so sophisticated - it’s like Inspector Morse’s Jaguar - never going out of style, running smoothly and reliably forever :joy:
It’s a breeze to play and I noticed something (or think I noticed) that I hadn’t paid much attention to before. I think it has slightly smaller frets than most of my other basses. I couldn’t find any info on what frets they put on that bass when it was made in the 90s, but the frets feel smaller than “regular” to me…

Boy, that’s another rabbit hole right there :grimacing: With all the talk about Lee Sklar’s mandolin frets, I am about ready to have all my basses re-fretted with smaller frets :rofl:

21 Likes

A Yamaha TRBX304 coz Josh said its a great starter bass :grinning:

And a Tiny Bass to play around and easy portability :grin:

21 Likes

Both very nice, but I especially like the Schecter!

3 Likes

Yessss! I love me a seafoam bass! I have a Japan import that is similar looking to yours. :smiley:

3 Likes

The colour is to die for. So bright!

2 Likes

How do you like the tiny boy bass?

My custom 23 incher is getting ready for a pore fills and clear coating. Hopefully I’d get it in my hand soon enough. This would be epic. @JerryP I hope to see you soon at the SoCal meet. This would look like a Ubass when you play it.

16 Likes

It sounds great! It’s a passive bass that pretends to be active :rofl: it’s light! very light! Easy to carry around, and play with it all day long without breaking my back :rofl:

3 Likes

Looking forward to the next meet up, unfortunately, SoCal is not on my work schedule anytime soon.
Merry Christmas Al!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas Jerry!

2 Likes

Hey guys, long time no see.
Was pretty much taking a break a focusing on some other stuff.

So recently Ive picked up a new toy which Ive tried to find for pretty long time.

Squier Jaguar Special SS. Got it with custom handwound pups and upgraded pots for around 220$ locally.
When I saw prices on ebay :scream:
I like it much more than Mexican Mustang.

My jazz is still not done. Luthier had an accident and screwed up his knee.

20 Likes

Nice matching headstock.

4 Likes

where did you get the tiny boy? last time I checked they STILL did not have a US distributer, despite doing numerous YouTube campaigns for it. which is sound business practice at it’s finest :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Still can’t decide which one I love better (soundwise as well as design/feeling), J with rounds or P with flats so keep both of them close while practicing and just rotate them :heart:

Now “only” having these two, can’t wait to go and jam again with friends :wink:

14 Likes

Abso-damn-lutely.

4 Likes

P with rounds! This is the sound of punk, metal, and a lot of rock. And post-punk, and a lot of post-metal (though you do see a lot of J in post-metal too for some reason).

3 Likes

I’ll take trad jazz and old school P flats tones every time. But to each his own. .

2 Likes

Bottom line is that P-Basses just sound great no matter what you string them with.

5 Likes