Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Awesome new Bass.
If you ever need to remind yourself why you got the Cort. I mean, if the $20 Euros is ever not enuf for you, you just tell yourself…
“ because I needed a 24 fret bass”

That one needs to be added to the official list of reasons.

2 Likes

The Yamaha TRBX304 has arrived. I’m a big fan of colours with basses, and it took a while with this one. The choices were black, mist green (basically think metallic mellow green), and white. Went with white as it just stood out more. This is my first active bass, so looking forward to checking the differences out. Plus the neck - not used to that many frets either. First impressions, is that the neck feels sublime. I’m doing the lessons at the moment, so I’ll check it out properly later, but it looks a lovely part of the family :slight_smile:

Going to take me a while to figure out the electronics!

7 Likes

:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:
Yes, I love the feel of the neck that to, it’s awesome.

2 Likes

Got daddy and momma bear, now there’s baby bear :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

You’ll love it!

But they stopped making the red one? Almost sorry I sold mine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s about time I should post in here.
I started out with a Squier Affinity Precision bass from a starter kit. But as I enjoy playing, I got myself a little present that just arrived today :star_struck:
A Schecter SLS Evil Twin.
So here’s the picture of the two side by side.

The Schecter might not be the easiest one for module 13, but I’ll surely enjoy playing it.

6 Likes

I love that baby bass @itsratso.

@Krescht I love Schecters. I have an Elite 5. And I was looking for an Elite 4 until I got my ESP LTD B4-E.
I almost bought A c-4XXX (with playboy lady inlays) for $150, great deal, the other available one was $350. But I was not convinced the neck was ok. It felt great as schecters do, but it needed a set up, and it seemed a little twisted.

There is an Elite Devil that is so cool, the inlays and headstock are awesome. It’s listed for $240 locally, although Reverb has them around $450 or $500. The guy listed it 8 months ago, so I a, sure I could get it around $180 or less. See, that’s part of my Dilema, too many good deals, on too many basses I want to own.
But… last night, the exact bass I was looking for, prior to the ESP popped up for sale. A Schecter Stilleto Elite-4, which almost matches my Elite 5, except it’s dark cherry instead of Orange, bit I will take it. But at $300, it is a good deal, about $100 to $150 below going rates, it is not the crazy insane deal that will send me running over with cash in hand. It is however, one I will watch over the next few months, and when it doesnt sell, and the price drops, I may go and offer less and see if I can get it for around $150. Schecters do not sell that fast for some reason, because they are awesome, and they are somewhat rare in used markets around here. They are also a local shop, even thou made in Indonesia and Vietnam.

Anyway, I am going to the the Sub Ray in about 2 hours. I offered $100 so he would sell to me over the other responders.

3 Likes

Ok. I now have zero room

9 Likes

basses cool. pith helmet, cooler :+1:

2 Likes

This isn’t my first bass but so far my favorite.

It’s a Schecter Sixx which is part of the Diamond series and what Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue uses.

I have a man crush on him even though I know he’s not the best bass player, but he’s really cool.

It’s a big bass and weights a ton @ 10lbs.

It’s all over black which I love and shape is like that of the Gibson Thunder.

It has a EMG LJX bridge pick up and EMG PX neck pick up with an kill switch which I’m not sure of the purpose.

I was due to go to LA in Sept to see Motley Crue and I paid $8000AUD to do a meet n greet with Nikki and to pick up a signed Schecter J4 Custom limited edition.

He then plays it on stage and I get the bass at the end of the concert.

That’s not looking likely at this stage but maybe in the future.

That fact I can’t play bass for shit doesn’t mean I can’t pretend to be a rock star. :love_you_gesture:

11 Likes

I see wall space, flat storage is an option, As well as some bass tree stands that hold 3 :guitar: ‘s in a circle. Don’t ever think you are our of room.

You can always give them the bed and sleep on the couch. And w he time comes, give them the couch and sleep on the floor, and when the time comes, give them the floor and sleep in the yard…

NICE!!! I love Schecter’s. I have a Diamond Series 5 string that is amazing. I have my eye on a Diamond series Devil, awesome headstock and fret inlays. It has not sold in 8 months and is not going anywhere. Asking $240 but probably ready to accept low ball CASH offers. If it’s still there in a month or so, I may break down.

Then a 4 string match to my 5 just posted for $300. Hoping it’s still there in 2 months or so, cuz a 4 string match to my 5 is a bucket list bass, the others are strong desires.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say I have a man crush on him, and the Crue is not one of my favorites, tho I like them, I strongly Identify with the Sixx in other ways, and hold a place in my heart for him.

Have you seen “Dirt” @rory ? The NetFlix Original? It’s awesome, was Cast very well, and was very well done. If you have not seen it, watch immediately. If you have seen it, I have one thing to say.
“OZZY”
Epic!!!

I will post a pic of that Schecter Devil, and the C4xxx

2 Likes

I forgot to mention @quadfather, the soft blues with those two new additions of Orange and White, STUNNING. Those colors really pop together. I think the Orange, white and each blue, one at a time, “Cover Shot” worthy!!!

:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

@quadfather Im thinking like @T_dub, I could fit more in, the wall mount between the blue ladies and couch. I also have a stool mount that takes the one your playing. I will take a picture when I get a chance. So including couch wall and stool I reckon your short of 4 bass :innocent:

2 Likes

Yeah of course I’ve seen, about 10 times. I’m a huge MC fan and been to every concert they have had in Melbourne.
I’m really disappointed abut not getting to LA for the concert. My man crush comes from the fact I have lived slide very similar to him.
I used to be a drug addict in the 80s and died 3 times line he did.
I’m 100% clean now and have been since 1990. I do unfortunately have a problem with prescription drugs (Oxynorm) but I have a chronic pain issue in my ankles from a skydiving accident in 1983. I’m not meant to walk but I do and my right ankle is so bad they want to amputate it but I won’t let them. The issue with the drugs is that I genuinely need them to function and they deliberately turned my into an Addict with the volume they give me (80pm).
Unfortunately I am building up a resistance to them so you get tempted to take more and more until you finally drop dead. My beautiful wife keeps a track of me.

2 Likes

Oh yeah Oz is amazing in the movie. :love_you_gesture:

My new SUB RAY, of the $90 variety…

I love it so far.
First, it was so small, and the neck felt so thin, I almost convinced myself it was a short scale. I had to hold it up to my others to make sure.
This feels great.

I need to go to work on it:
Check out the neck, with the strings to check flatness. Adjust the neck if needed and set the action.
Then:
Gonna strip it, and clean it really good.
Then I will put the old strings back on for now, then I am going to repeat steps 1amd 2 (neck and action)
Then Tune and check intonation.
Then I am gonna play it all night long. Lol

P.s. I am going to hunt for an Orange Pick Guard.
I am thinking Orange stringed (not sure yet, if a dark fretboard, for sure, but with the maple, idk?)
And a nice Orange strap, I have the perfect one.

Any suggestions on where to look for a pick guard would be greatly appreciated.

Thoughts on the orange strings???

3 Likes

I got my new pickguard from these folks. It’s great, but they don’t really have anything in orange.

https://www.wdmusic.com/wd-custom-pickguards.html

2 Likes

I just ran across this in my SAVED folder in OFFER UP. Lol. Glad I waited. Appears to be the same model. Mine may be in better shape???

@rory. Here is the Schecter Devil Elite. Awesome.
It actually sold for $250. I was wrong thinking it was listed at $240. It started at $350, then dropped to $250 and sold after being listed for 9 months.
There is another ne listed at $300, last year. It doesn’t say sold, but they don’t always follow thru after the sale, so who knows if it’s available.

Headstock is awesome!!!

The fretboard inlays really make this bass!

Body is not the best, but suits the name and overall theme.

And just for $#!t§ and giggle§ , this fun one from ESP LTD. they are another of my favorite brands as well.
I think I like Schecter and ESP and Carvin equally at top of my list. Then Ibanez, Fender, Gibson.

Beyond that, I can mostly only go by looks, not a lot of experience with many others

Here we go, cool fun looking bass from ESP LTD.
Marked down to $180, and prob well worth it.
If it goes down near the $100 mark, I am screwed.

I like the headstock, wonder if it would be comfortable sitting down? Might be perfect, might be awful. Guess I will buy it and find out.
:crazy_face::joy::flushed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses::crazy_face::joy::flushed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses::crazy_face::joy::grin::grin::grin::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::flushed::grinning::crazy_face::joy:

Ty @Theron, I will look and ask around, see if they recommend anybody.

Your right that is a very cool headstock shape.
Even at the price it sold for it seems like good value.
I like the idea of having a 4 & 5 string version of the same bass.
One day I might get a 5 string but I need to learn the 4 first.

1 Like