Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

It’s super interesting! What’s the scale length (nut to E string bridge saddle), it looks like a shorter scale to me, on account of how close the bridge is to the fretboard and the huge realestate from the bridge to the edge of the body.

Are there any numbers or names on the headstock or neck plate? If not, it may be a DIY or a one off.

3 Likes

No number or Names
later on i will measure it

3 Likes

No number or names either? Bizarre.

Is that what looks like a “J” on the headstock?

2 Likes

The knobs are from black zap seller on reverb. That looks great Toby. Check out the sound on that first. Classic vibe has very similar tone to the Vintera line. You’d be surprised.

The only thing I didn’t like about the Vintera pickup was the lack of output power. At the time I was too lazy I didn’t have my pedals or amp setup just a spark40 using headphones. Now I have all of the power I need to push that pickup. I might put it back on one of my p bass

4 Likes

Yes, it is the only sign.

2 Likes

Wow, you did one hell of a job.

Totally your call, but personally I’d keep the SRX. That’s one fine looking bass. That said, I am far more partial to Ibanez than I am J/P basses. Of course, the ultimate question is:

when-people-ask-me-if-we-should-get-fries-or-wings-with-our-pizza-why-not-both-1460322811

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

That SRX is rare and cool. Everyone’s got a P-bass. I know which one I would keep :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s an LTD. I think it’s a gorgeous bass. Lots to explore with it. On the circuit board there’s some switches so I can adjust frequencies, and the volume is a push/pull that does a preset on the EQ for slapping, and the preset can be tweaked further by the EQ.

Quality wise, this is my top bass. And a 38mm nut.

I like to mod basses but there’s nothing here that needs attention. Just play the bass? Heresy!

3 Likes

You can’t go wrong with the P bass. You can flip it and make some money, or you can turn it into a Geezer monster. P basses are easy to find, so you literally can’t lose whatever you decide.

The SRX has a lot of potential. With the positioning of the pickup, you could put an EMG pickup in and get a funky p bass sound. You could get a 3way switch and do a series split parallel thing. Sky’s the limit.

The placement of the pickup just opens the door. A Nordie Big Split would rock it.

If I were to keep only one, it would be the SRX.

3 Likes

I’d put a Geezer p in that Squier and keep it.

I’d keep the Ibanez cause it’s incredibly cool and play with pickups in it IF you don’t dig it as is.

3 Likes

@ddimitrov, Using the “J” on the headstock, I checked for that as a guitar/bass logo. There weren’t any with only the letter “J” in that particular typeface, at least at the couple of places I checked. The closest match for typeface is the “J” for “Jolana” (their non-script logo version), which was a Czechoslovakian brand. But it is not the same as the "J’ on your old bass.

3 Likes

Holy shit what is with this gunk :joy:

Nice cleaning T! I’m still a bit confused… I thought you didn’t buy this bass because he listed it for 170. Anyway it looks awesome man!

4 Likes

That’s beautiful!

2 Likes

Daisy Rock Rock Candy bass. It’s so me, and so perfect. I’m in my 40s and still enjoy pink sparkly things. I have no shame.

24 Likes

Well, you’re in good company.

You be you

10 Likes

That color is fantastic.

3 Likes

I actually nearly bought one of these instead of the Warwick

10 Likes

Sing it loud and proud!

Ohmura custom Twinkle Pink finish = GOALS :heart:

But ESP offers it for guitar only, yes?

4 Likes

Depends on how much you want to spend :slight_smile:

Aside from the custom shop there’s also lots of other slightly different signature pinks, like Tetsuya (L’arc-en-ciel), Glambelly, Wanimo, and the BanG-Dream ones, and I think those all have LTD level versions.

4 Likes

No Way, I bought the bass because he listed it at $150, but said he would drive it to me for an extra $20 bucks.
I was considering buying the “Squire Affinity” for $150, because it is not all that far off price retail, for an affinity ($179) unless you have to drive $30 in gas to get it, PLUS, they don’t make the Orangish Affinities anymore, if they ever did, and they certainly don’t make the MIM and players lines in the orange anymore, and that orangISH color is what caught my eye. the price tag was reasonable enough for me to inquire if it was available.

After finding it was available I forwarded to the ADD to Al, @Al1885, he saw immediately that it was NOT an AFFINITY, but a Classic ViBE.
To the-best of my knowledge, the classic vibe of that color sold for $399.99 before it was discontinued (the color)

Al told me "GET ON THAT THING, IF IT IS ANY GOOD AS IS LOOKS IN THE ADD, SNATCH IT UP, CUZ THE SQUIRE CLASSIC VIBE P BASES NOW GO FOR $479

So, @Paul thats why I bought it for $130, plus $20 for the gas.
Since the strings were so dirty and grimy, and had transferred all that gunk to the fretboard, I told him, first, I need to change the strings, and thats $20.
I told him that it was gonna take a while to clean it up, and do a set up, but I would do a set up on it even if it was clean, so I am not too worried about that, so I just offered him $130 for the bass, but still payed him the $20 for gas, like we discussed at first. He said, yeah, sure, I don’t play it ever, and yeah, the strings do look really bad, so sure, I will take $130 plus gas money.

And YES, I am stoked as can be with this bass.
I just don’t know what I am going to do with it.
If I keep it, I am going to black it out with all black hardware, but I may also test the waters and see if I can flip it for $350 or so, and make an extra $200 towards purchasing another bass, to flip, or keep and upgrade.

Plans if I keep it
Black Tuners and String tree
Black Bridge, probably black nut
Black knobs on it, maybe some black tape wound strings, for shits and giglgles,
And Pick ps.
If I keep it for sure, I will drop in eMG Geezer Buttler pick pups

If I sell it, I ma drop in some Seymour Duncan 1/4 pounders.

IDK tho, I am leaning towards keeping it,
BUT
I have this Ibanez beauty I just picked up as well, and I not too sure I need to keep both.
Guess I am gonna have to set them up stock, with new stings, and give them a play, and see which one I fall in love with first.

Al told me "GET ON THAT THING, IF IT IS ANY GOOD AS IS LOTS INT EH OEDHEKE

dklj

4 Likes