Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

The Fender Jazz bass is the instrument i play outside of the house. the Washburn semi-acoustic is what I play when I’m sitting around home doing things like this course because i don’t need to mess with an amp, just grab it and play. I got the Washburn on a lark and discovered i really prefer fretless but the semi-acoustic is very touchy and prone to feedback. So, I was thinking of going all Jaco on my Jazz bass by ripping out the frets but decided on an aftermarket neck instead and swapped out the pick-ups for some DiMarzio humbuckers. I’m using a Quilter Bass Block 800 amp.

8 Likes

Welcome aboard, @techquaikachi . . . :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@joergkutter you will tell (again) I’m crazy :sweat_smile: but I’ll add some challenge and I try to find which bass you used, not by the sound but by the shape of the sound wave displayed by SoundCloud. So, my guess is : 1 = P-style , 2 = Yam , 3 = J. I’m wondering how much I’m wrong :rofl:

1 Like

Love this, @terb! I will not give the right order here, if people still want to try for themselves, but if you go into SoundCloud, and click on the title, you should be able to see all the info there :smile:

And, by the way, it’s the good kind of crazy :rofl:

2 Likes

if I click on the soundcloud link I go to your page but I don’t see this track. but I’ll wait for the answer, no problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

@techquaikachi I would love to hear what those sound like through that Quilter Bass Block.

We have this thread if you want to share. Post your covers!

1 Like

I’ll play. I’m guessing P - J - Y!

1 Like

When i first got the Quilter amp i wasn’t sure if i liked it. The controls work differently than other amps i’ve used and it took some time and messing around with knobs before i started getting the sounds i wanted. Now i like it. I also especially like that it weighs 4 lbs. and is sightly larger than a cigar box. :open_mouth:

1 Like

It has finally happened!!! I had to drive 3.5 hours round trip, but it also came with a case and strap I wasn’t expecting, so that is a bonus!! And the only cases I could find were $180+, so all in all, I got about $900ish worth of equipment for $450.

The neck is as smooth as can be and feels amazing. I had a very long day (cats brought a squirrel into the house…it wasn’t dead) so I haven’t been able to actually play it yet, but I loved the few minutes I tried it out when I picked it up. Some of these pics were from the listing and the ones with the case are from me. The case is a sort of Tweed type material. Kind of a gold crushed velour interior.

Also, the first pic with the case is upside down…not sure why.

15 Likes

what a beauty ! I really love the shape :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Brandon, so long as you find it comfortable to play, I’m going to go out on a limb and predict that beauty is going to spoil all other basses for you for a long time to come. :slight_smile:

It ticks a lot of boxes that people pay a LOT more for. :+1:

3 Likes

Killer!! Man, you’re gonna get good fast now, just from having a bass that you love to play, and that feels right - makes a difference!

2 Likes

I expect it will. Like you said, it ticks a lot of boxes, and I can’t see myself needing or even wanting a new bass for a very long time. The only exception would be something SUPER cheap ($50 or under) that I can take apart and tinker with or maybe a 5string one day very far I’m the future.

1 Like

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. Getting that case was a pretty cool bonus.
Congratulations @brandoncmurphy.

Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. I think you made the right choice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! Great axe! Have oodles of fun with it!!

1 Like

Doesn’t Batman play one of those?

2 Likes

Great deal :+1:

Congratulations @brandoncmurphy! Wishing you lots of luck and many happy hours playing that gorgeous bass!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

1 Like

No. Batman plays a Warwick Vampyre.

http://www.warwick.de/en/Warwick---Products--Instruments--RockBass--Vampyre.html

4 Likes

Me too
Welcome to the forum
Nice bass

2 Likes