Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Nice!

4 Likes

When I pulled up your post I saw your screen name and a picture of your new bass and thought, that’s not blue. :rofl::joy::rofl:
That is a really nice looking Jazz Bass.

3 Likes

But it ‘could’ be ;3. Lol thanks! =3

4 Likes

Lol whoops!…got extremely lucky at a local shop. Soon as I saw it online I had to go up and get it. A jazz bass is what I ironically wanted to start out with…but had to settle for the Washburn. But now I got a precision and a Jazz Bass, which I’m happy with =3

7 Likes

Very nice!

3 Likes

I know everyone here has been following my G&L woes like a soap opera, and is waiting with bated breath to see the results of today’s trip to the vendor for an exchange.

Heh. At least let me pretend, OK?

Anyway, I looked at a several different basses: a Squire, a Sire Marcus Miller, another G&L, a really nice ESP LTD, and what I’ll show in a second. It was really close between what I got and the ESP, but ultimately my reason for purchasing the G&L was to get something different and the ESP - while really cool - was similar to my two Ibanezes. Ultimately, though, I stayed within the Ibanez family and got this:

My very first 5-string, an Ibanez SR375E. The blue on this thing is amazing:

(Those are not scratches, they’re reflections. The finish is perfect.)

Not only does it look good, but it sounds and plays GREAT. That said, there will be a bit of a learning curve for the wider neck and closer string spacing.

Whee!

22 Likes

That is a really cool blue!

4 Likes

Nice. On an unrelated note, fire whoever hung that drywall. Unless it was you (I assume you’re not a drywaller) then well done :wink:

8 Likes

It was my GF and I, and neither of us are drywallers

The reason it’s still not finished is because we learned that we effing hate hanging drywall. :smiley:

6 Likes

LOL I guessed it was you guys. If I was on the mud/taping crew behind you guys I’d lose my mind :slight_smile:
Really nice bass.

6 Likes

Yep. Mudding/taping, and most of all SANDING are the worst jobs ever. I think I’d rather put my foot in a bacon slicer rather than sand drywall mud.

EDIT: and I’ve cleaned milk-fed veal calf pens with a high pressure washer, so I do have some perspective as to what a shitty job is.

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m really digging on it. I think Ibanez really hits it out of the park with the SR basses. I have an SR300 (from 2009, pre-“E”), an SR500E, and now this SR370E. They’re all really impressive.

5 Likes

Good to see that you’ve got a good outcome after all the drama of the GL.
Enjoy :+1:

4 Likes

Looks great @JustTim. Glad that situation got sorted. Enjoy the boom that B should give ya.

4 Likes

Nice blue there. Congratulations.

I’ve been considering the learnng curve on my 5 string that I just got like a week ago. I was wondering if I should just play the fiver for the next month. How are you planning on approaching it?

4 Likes

SR’s are just really great basses and I love the creative Ibanez finishes. Nice bass.

5 Likes

I’m just going to play the 5-string for everything for a while. For my B2B lessons, for songs that don’t use the B string, I’m still gonna use the 5 string.

It’ll just be my “main” bass until my comfort level on it matches my comfort level on my 4-strings.

5 Likes

Switching to the 5 for a while is a good plan. You won’t lose any skills from the 4 string, don’t worry. Or at least I didn’t.

You might discover that you just don’t really dig 5-strings; this happened to me. Also not the end of the world.

5 Likes

2 attempts later I too found they weren’t for me

3 Likes

I am bound and determined to love my Stream 1005.

Yeah, I was planning to switch to it for a while, the only problem is not playing my Stream 2004.

Boh plays a 6. Haraguchi-san a 5. This is something I have to master to play some of the music I want.

15 Likes