Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

I’m gonna take a wild guess, you have a Glock 22.

5 Likes

I pull bullets out the old fashion way! :crazy_face:

8 Likes

I realize this is 100% off topic, but what are you pulling bullets out of? Hopefully not your leg or something like that?

3 Likes

Home invaders face ? :joy:

5 Likes

Hmm, green and white bass liked by the Irishman… I’ll take it as a big compliment. Haha.

I like it cause it’s different. I love it cause it was $150.

7 Likes

Hello waves
Here is my brand-new, very first bass - an entry-level Ibanez GSR200, pearl white. It is much nicer than the no-bass-at-all I had prior. :slight_smile: I figure once I get through the Badass course, it will be more clear what direction to go in, instrument-wise. There’s no shortage of ideas here!

My hands are…a bit smaller than Josh’s, and the Ibanez was recommended to me for the thinner neck. I’m also a leftie, but pre-programmed by childhood violin lessons to fret with my left hand and play pizzicato on the right.

@bofhgirl I was also tempted by a pink bass, but it wasn’t available and I was Veruca Salting to start playing. Instead I settled for a purple crushed velvet strap because Prince.

24 Likes

Nice bass.

Not a bad choice you’ve made, both in the bass and path you’ve taken. When I started B2B I had no clue what I wanted, so any old bass would do. But I have a clear preference now.

Ibanez does have fast necks. Not many of us have Josh mitts.

5 Likes

Nope :grinning:, but I do have a 2nd Gen Glock 23 that has been rebuilt twice. My primary competition gun is a Browning Hi Power in .40. They didn’t make many of them, but lightly tricked out they are an amazing IDPA/USPSA/IPSC platform.

5 Likes

Beautiful bass @kristine - I was just playing my Lakland 5-string that is the exact same color scheme. Love it!

This is a long, fun and oddly addictive journey. I did the same think as you and still love my first Squier bass. Enjoy the course and the ‘perfect bass journey’.

As I do BUT…what about all the basses we haven’t tried…maybe our perfect bass is still out there? Hey, you never know!

5 Likes

I was just staring lovingly at your pictures of this bass.
How are you liking it now that you have had it a while?

3 Likes

You know how I know I’m on the right path? I no longer hear their sirens song.

There’s still a lot of GAS left on my path, but I’m really not gassing after every cool bass I see. Now, a Tbird or Spector Euro… but that’s about it

4 Likes

True, and same here.
But just when I think I know what’s left to seek, something else pops up.
Sigh.

2 Likes

And I’m green with envy mate

3 Likes

Congrats @kristine ! Wish you many fun hours of playing.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Man, you are so lucky, @RuknRole ,
Looks like everything worked out ok.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

“I’m not posting this to be ridiculed”

too late :rofl:

probably wise they left comments off

3 Likes

Lol it’s not me. That’s Tex Grebner, Internet personality.

4 Likes

Yeah I assumed that wasn’t you. I’m really glad it wasn’t you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey dude, I really dig that thumb rest you added. How did you do it and where did you get it?:+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes