Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Have Labella Low Tension Flats,

2 Likes

So, what differences do you hear between the two sets of strings? I ask because I’m not a flats guy, so I have no point of reference.

1 Like

The Low Tension Flats are on a round core; the Deep Talkin flats are hex core. LTFs have a more pronounced mid range, DTFs have a more pronounced bottom range.

DTFs think Jamerson/Motown, LTFs think Sting/Waters/John Deacon (they used Rotosound 77s, but LTFs are Labellas version)

4 Likes

New to Bass. And just started Beginner to Badass. Mustang PJ and Ampeg 112

30 Likes

Welcome @BigBottom, great setup.

6 Likes

Welcome, @BigBottom. Nice rig.

Consider posting on Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022) to tell us about your bass goals. Everyone is waiting to welcome you to the group.

7 Likes

Thanks for the welcome. I just put up an intro post.

7 Likes

welcome and you just might have the best forum name here :rofl:

9 Likes

Talk about bum cakes…

7 Likes

Well, Dreambasso is home.

The sound is insane, it’s hard to describe how full and rich the basses are and the definition of the treble.

Of course, all this cotton candy does have an inconvenient razor blade in it. It’s set up like ass. Mid to high, with almost no clank :frowning: Oh well, nothing for it, nothing to it but to do it.

24 Likes

Congrats on the new bass.

And the setup practice. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

If you need to, you can send it to me and I’ll get it setup right for you. Won’t take long I swear.

How much does it weigh might I ask? It’s a good looking bass, and all that maple adds to the tone. I know tonewood is the last 5%-10%, but sometimes that matters.

5 Likes

mud flaps

5 Likes

Thank you for the setup offer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Much appreciated.

Yep, she’s a boat anchor. Easily over 11 lbs (that’s 5 communist). I don’t mind, though.

6 Likes

Trade ya for a pair of royal cheeses and a snark

(they are out of the bass so soon if you still want)

3 Likes

Welcome @BigBottom ! Nice gear you have there.

4 Likes

I’ll PM ya.

2 Likes

Thank you brother!

3 Likes

I like your taste! Mustang is so much fun and you will surely try out flatwounds at some point and be amazed but love the tone of the rounds too. And as far as the amp… my Regards to your neighbours!

6 Likes

My neighbours listen to great music. Whether they want to, or not.

7 Likes