Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

There’s someone on Reverb @matt.g.ward.esq who lives in an identical house you, weird!

8 Likes

I just sold that this morning to a guy in Kingston. Not far from my home.
Nice guy… I hope he enjoys it.

6 Likes

I wanted a short scale P bass to put some flats on for a different sound and feel from the two other basses I use. After way too much time shopping and surfing YouTube, I settled on a Schecter Banshee. I have a Schecter guitar I love, so I’m already biased in favor of the brand.

The problem is there are not many of these Banshees floating around. Not in any shop around here. All of them on Reverb were new but not local. Sweetwater of all places didn’t have them.

I saw one listed as used on Pro Audio Star for almost $200 cheaper than new. I’ve never ordered from them, but I saw a bunch of people saying they often list new stuff as used. So I rolled the dice, and bought it. I got lucky! It arrived in the box, with the plastic still on it, completely new.

I put La Bella flats on it, and this thing is fun to play. The neck is so smooth.

My many hours of GAS shopping paid off, which of course is only going to fuel mor GAS .

19 Likes

It sure is funny the way the human mind works… I own something like 30(ish) basses. I don’t need this many and there is always whole world of other basses to find!!! yet… everytime I sell a bass I feel sort of sad to see it go. Wierd… and totally irrational.

That said, I just spend $600 Can$ ordering all the parts from G&L to finish my new L2000. I guess something has to give.

I am also starting to feel GAS for a Traynor all-tube amp head. As a Canadian, I am partial to Traynor, esp. the YBA-200 which I need about as much as another hole in my head.

Anyone have any luck with Traynor YBA amps? I have heard a lot of love over at Talkbass.

4 Likes

Congrats. Well done.

4 Likes

Here’s my beloved 2 ladies, an Ibanez Roadstar RB808PL (left), and the most recent addition :
a Cort B4 artisan element (right).

The craftmanship of the Cort is top, the neck and fretboard are pure heaven (not so much for the body with some artefacts on it, but well, it happens with natural wood, I don’t really care that much). While it seems I have a little setup issue (action too low) with the newly received Cort (hopefully you could help me with ^^), I love them both, with a greater emotional attachement to the Ibanez. It all started with her after all. I just always hated … its color ^^´
To me it’s like a Troll had swallow the thing and what is out is a not-really-yellow-but-far-from-white color. Urgh.
I intend to do something about it (maybe this summer) but that’s an entirely different story for now, a story I would probably also need your help at a later time ^^.
Anyway, thank you for reading !

20 Likes

Hope to have a picture to post tomorrow, but my bass is in the UPS zone, shipped beginning of last week but no updates. So who knows where it is.

7 Likes

Well things looking up. It scanned that it was leaving Portland, which is good news. I am about equidistant from Portland and Seattle. So good chance it will be on time.

The no scan when it arrived - I think it’s been on a train. I’ve run into that before.

5 Likes

Hi all, I’m a newbie (to learning proper ways to play bass anyhow :rofl: ), this is my gear I plan to become a badass with - have I found this page and Josh’s advices earlier most probably it would look different, however I love this bass so it’ll stay:

17 Likes

Ibanez makes a nice bass. Me like

4 Likes

Looks just about perfect to me. :+1:

2 Likes

Love the SR’s :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Tack hammer. Sorry, but I’m very limited on violence. :laughing:

1 Like

She’s here

Haven’t played it yet, it’s still chilling. But it feels great.

And the packing was incredibly over engineered.

26 Likes

That is an incredible looking bass! I want one! Now!

7 Likes

That’s a seriously classy build @Wombat-metal

6 Likes

Nice @Wombat-metal, that is a looker

6 Likes

Congrats, @Wombat-metal. Fine looking baby you got there…

5 Likes

It looks wonderful! Damn, Joe did good! It is prettier than mine. He brought mine ready to play. He did a set up and leveled the frets and it played great out of the box. I know he probably did that to yours. That neck is so pretty.

3 Likes

Okay I’ve tuned her up and tried her out, neck is so smooth, and with a 14" radius is super fast. Nice profile, not super thin, but has enough meat to grab onto without being chonky. Frets are perfectly dressed.

The pickup is hot. I have to back off the volume a bit or I would be booming. The pickup is punchy, she would hold her own in a mix.

Downsides.

Not sure about the Fender rounds. Will try it with Thomastik-infelds. Also she picks up everything. Time to bring my muting up to a new level. Probably time to restart B2B and do my own commit.

To think I almost pulled the trigger on a gold foil. If you are looking for a bass, I would recommend Joe Cucci

8 Likes