Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Well that sucks. :roll_eyes:
Hopefully it shows up and is undamaged.

UPS have my new Bass in transit at the moment too and they don’t have a great reputation for reliability around these parts recently.

It’s showing as being in Paris for the last two days so not looking good for a rapid delivery. Probably waiting for a ferry from Cherbourg to Ireland.

3 Likes

In a display of Karma, now my SR600E bass is sitting in a dpot in Ohio since Thursday and looks like it won’t make it on time either, thoogh this one isn’t lost.

My Hercules guitar stand, which was shipped in the same order, is moving steadily across the country though.

I am so aggravated.

7 Likes

Nice, which one? I got a new Hercules stand (GS412B+) since my Jazz bass almost toppled over on my mini Hercules stand.

3 Likes

My ibanez was a similar experience. Got it two weeks late eventually, had almost given up as no other store had one. Recieved the straplocks and strap way earlier however! How useful.

3 Likes

The 3 guitar rack GS523B. Time for an upgrade lol

3 Likes

Nice! That one is super sturdy and you can even rack 5 e-guitars. You can just order extra holders. Wish I did that instead of buying a new 5 guitar rack :laughing:

2 Likes

Thanks! Good tip, will keep it in mind

3 Likes

I’ve got 9 in mine and that’s only cause I’m saving a spot for a Rick.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s just a pleasure to play.

2 Likes

It’s a 1993 Ibanez SR500, first model year. Made in Korea at the Cort factory, that’s all I know. Looks like a rosewood fretboard and one piece maple neck, but that’s just a guess. Volume, Blend, two band EQ. Trans green finish, nice wood grain, no sunlight today so hard to take a pic of. Neck looks bowed, some fret buzz. Will change strings later. But really good condition.

Now to figure out if I want to change the pickups and EQ to sommething more modern. I know they have EQ packages that work with 4 knobs. Any thought?

12 Likes

I love that transparent finish!

4 Likes

You can get stacked knobs also, so you can fit a 3 band EQ in it, just one of the knobs will be stacked and control two things

Many to choose from, just need to specify you have 4 places to deal with.

3 Likes

This is my one and only bass for now. I want to add a regular scale J bass eventually because that’s what I went into the shop to buy to begin with. But I’m gonna stick with having just one bass for the time being. I can still get the J bass in a year or two, right?

17 Likes

Of course you can, there is no reason anyone needs a specific number or any more than one. Many pros use only 1 (or 1 for great lenghts of time).
Bass collecting is essentially an offshoot of actual bass playing, but one isn’t dependent on the other, unless you have zero basses.

When the bug, er, mood hits you, you will know when its right to buy another, or, not.

8 Likes

Ummm… 3… 2… 1… Now?

7 Likes

If one more box comes in here I think I’ll be leaving in a bag.

Time to cool the jets for me and play with the toys.

7 Likes

Nothing unusual with this at all. I personally prefer having just one or two basses - not a collector, resource-wise I’d rather go vertical than horizontal with my instruments and have one or two nicer ones that I actually play. So enjoy your bass now and get that J later if you like, or another you may decide you want more.

I’m maybe a bad example though because I am really draconian with gear. If I have something I don’t use, it’s gone, sold to help fund buying other things I want. I don’t technically need to do this, but I like to.

6 Likes

In today’s episode, I talked to FedEx today, and they said both my packages would get here eventually, but they could not say when; and if they were to give me a date they would be lying. they said there were too many packages in the system.

So there it sits, 4 hours away after travelling across country; and no idea when it will get here.

13 Likes

Where the heck do you live?

4 Likes

Port Angeles, WA, about 3 hours west from Seattle

4 Likes