Show us your first bass!

Mine was (is? I only have one so far :smiling_imp:) a Sterling By Music Man Stingray Ray34.

Same as the one above :arrow_heading_up: but left handed and the specific one I own:

Show me yours in the comments down below! :arrow_down:

Edit:
I am trying to get that best new user of the month badge, so if you like my posts please drop a like!

20 Likes

my first bass was a Rockbass Corvette with active JJ MEC pickups. exactly the same than this one, except that mine had a natural finish :

10 Likes

This is how it started :slightly_smiling_face:

… and from there it escalated quickly :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

My Ibanez GSR200. Bought it cheap, used off Craigslist without knowing anything about bass. I still keep it around because it looks nice on the wall and has sentimental value as my first bass, but it doesn’t get played anymore.

11 Likes

this is the kind of instrument that could be useful and nice to have, if one day you want to have a bass dedicated to an alternate tuning.

10 Likes

TRBX304. Bought new for ~$350, sold used for ~$250.

11 Likes

@howard You’ve been a Yammie fan right from the start! Very cool!

9 Likes

Actually since way before this, even :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This was my first bass, a Harley Benton PB-20 I bought used off Marktplaats (“Marketplace”, the Dutch equivalent of Craigslist) for only 40 Euros. Like most people here, I wanted something cheap to see if I’d like it.

Spent another 15 Euros on new strings after a month or so. Sold it for 50 Euros after about two months and bought a brand new Cort Action PJ, which I’m still playing to this day.

11 Likes

Nice!

5 Likes

I hope to get a Yamaha bass one day… :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Ha!

4 Likes

Cool! Looks sort of like a Jens Ritter Princess Cora.

4 Likes

I almost got a Glarry but decided to go with something nicer right off the bat. I don’t regret it! I love bass.

5 Likes

Here is my first bass. It was a gift from a very, very special friend just about twenty years ago. I tried to learn to play over those twenty years, but could never really get past a few songs. In just two years after discovering B2B, I think I’ve come a long way thanks @JoshFossgreen, B2B and everyone here on this forum.

Her name is “Peggy”.

16 Likes

Vintage Reissue V4 P bass (Vintage is the brand name :grin:) - still own it! Changed the potentiometers at some point, but otherwise a very decent P bass:

15 Likes

My first bass was a cheap generic p-bass!

Back in 1988

16 Likes

My very first “bass” wasn’t a bass at all, but rather a guitar with the two high strings removed and heavy gauge guitar strings tuned an octave low. It sounded awful, leading me to invest $25 in a used Danelectro Shorthorn like this one.

This was in 1966. Of course, 14 year old me hated the copper color and painted it metalflake purple, destroying any collector value.

13 Likes

Sweet!

3 Likes

Looks good!

4 Likes