Show us your Practice Space

I reckon in a few years itll have spread to every room. Even the synths are escaping upstairs! Its like having kids!

5 Likes

Is hat a real Prophet-10? Very very nice :slight_smile:

What’s the Eurorack one above it? I love that idea as a standalone, though I would usually go fore something like your other rack there.

4 Likes

It is indeed a prophet 10. The semi modular above it is a moog matriarch - a phenomenal synth- its unreal what it can produce

4 Likes

My new practice space, perfect because it’s behind the TV so my wife can watch documentaries and I can play with earphones without disturbing her. No fans around, they prefer lying on the sofa wit my wife…

18 Likes

My little shrine of bass tucked into the entryway to my home office in the basement.

13 Likes

I am only allowed to play in the corner of the living room - reminds me of all the time I spent in the corner of the classroom, which was a common punishment in Dutch schools in the 70s.

My gear:

• my sofa - very important!!!
  • my sofa bass: a very small and heavily modified Blackstar Carry-on bass. I also play my ESP LTD B-4E when my girlfriend is not around.
  • JBL EON 710, measured and EQed for my playing position. Note that I turned around the speaker, so it faces the wall and I don’t get direct tweeter audio, which gets me better non directional sound.
  • MOTO M4, which is connected to an Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 Notebook that runs Studio One 6, BIAS FX2, TH-U, AmpliTube 5 … and of course Tonelib Jam.
  • Austrian Audio HiX60 Headphones for when the CFO complains.
  • Orange hippopotamus, for whatever reasons. It just appeared one day…
  • No pedals and other gadgets

That’s all folks! Very happy as it’s (more or less) unobstructive, girlfriend compatible … and sounds really great!

11 Likes

Nothing like a steam radiator! We had those in Navy housing when I was in the USN way back then. Sometimes they had some rhythm!

3 Likes

In Germany those are quite common. Only the steam machine in the basement is overwhelming (see picture below).
And I need to shovel coal all day, to keep it running :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What in the wide, wide world of sports is that bike thing with the giant bench seat?

1 Like

Might be the “backup mode” in case we have no coal??!

1 Like

I have had steam radiators in several apartments. Actually very effective.

3 Likes

the majority of apartments in chicago are steam heated. nothing like the january sauna in the living room.

3 Likes

When I was in the US Navy, I was stationed in Great Lakes 3times for a total of ten years. The steam network under that base is incredible! I went to school and later was an instructor in the weapon system buildings overlooking lake Michigan. those buildings had massive basements filled with steam heat equipment. They were concrete mazes of large pipping and valves. It was perfect for us upside dwellers and our radar and computer equipment!

3 Likes

Good ole Great Mistakes. Thankfully I got the hell out of there after bootcamp (early November) and went to Pensacola FL for A school.

2 Likes

Got a cheap table and moved a few things around, gives me a bit more room.

If anyone knows of some kind of clamp on music stand that I can add to the table let me know.

13 Likes

Something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/wishacc-Aluminum-Material-Adjustable-Desktop/dp/B09ZTL1BNK/?th=1

3 Likes

Yes, that could work. Thanks

2 Likes

Here’s my space. My daughter got into sewing for awhile but has since moved on to crocheting and knitting. We originally set this space up for her in a spare bedroom. The sewing table makes a great guitar workbench. It’s also a great place for a cat to hang out in between naps…

14 Likes

good thing he’s orange

6 Likes

That looks like a great space. I’m in a spare room also. For the TV, I threw a monitor stand under it to bring it a little closer to eye level when I’m sitting on a stool and playing. Saves a bit on shoulder strain.

3 Likes