Show us your Practice Space

How’s your house/studio coming along?

5 Likes

bathroom is done, fireplace is next. then hopefully starting on basement theater/practice space and bar. the problem is we are getting a small amount of water in the basement during heavy rains. not surprising but it’s now a matter of how much to fix it. and as usual with working on houses our money is going fast :grimacing:

6 Likes

bathroom is nice though, we now call it “the spa”

10 Likes

I like that - it’s rather fancy indeed; I’ve stayed in many nice hotels with considerably less nice bathrooms

6 Likes

Very nice I like the color scheme too

4 Likes

Oh hey, we’re about to put in brick tiles like that too.

4 Likes

Not quite but I’m heading in that direction!

4 Likes

sure … I’m currently spending 700€ for a floor in my workshop

5 Likes

Looked through tons of these, very interesting to me to see the variety. Some small rooms, some shared spaces, some clean and tidy and some not so much. Just more evidence of how everyone is so different.

This is my space. When we bought this house our 2 daughters shared a room and son had his own room. So we built this bedroom in the basement for him. I was thinking ahead and built it on the opposite side of the house from all the other bedrooms and insulated it well knowing that when he moved out it would be MINE. My bride was all for it. Now the kids are gone and I can go down there at night and play at a pretty reasonable level even after she goes to bed.

I removed the closet doors to have a safe spot to hang the guitars/basses, painted the room red and started moving in. Lots of items and photos in here that are the most important to me. After a crap day at work or just to relax this is where I go.

One wall

And turning around, the other wall

And props to @John_E for being the only other person with some KISS items in their space. :smiley:

29 Likes

That is amazing

Quite the music den.
I’m happy to admit to more than a smidge of envy regards your playing space.

Looks great and appears to have space for guests to enjoy your playing (or indeed join in with all those guitars)

7 Likes

Very nicely done room @anon83302053

6 Likes

Great practice space!

6 Likes

Totally awesome space!
I vow my head in shame to you, lol. Gene Simmons would be so proud of you. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Ha, ha, he probably would. There’s more collectibles elsewhere but that room is the key stuff. :laughing:[quote=“John_E, post:1167, topic:9928, full:true”]

Totally awesome space!
I vow my head in shame to you, lol. Gene Simmons would be so proud of you. :upside_down_face:
[/quote]

3 Likes

Wow! Amazing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The last evolution of my “flight control”. I Am actually really proud of how it works now. It took a lot of schematic drawings to connect it/route it/set it up so it works almost identically no matter what sequencer I am using. PC with Ableton/master keyboard sequencer/Maschine groovebox? Everything ready to play even without PC running. (Main PC anyway …) “How you spend your free time?” - “Ummm, connecting cables.”

26 Likes

Very impressive setup you have there.

3 Likes

Love it that your Zoom MS-70 is your only pedal in this setup :rofl:

Looks awesome!

5 Likes

We need a “Show us your studio” thread, and this post should be moved there (along with so many others) :roll_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

IMO “Studio” and “Practice Space” are the same thing, at least they are in my case. My house is not big enough to have one of each, nor can I afford to duplicate the essential gear.
I practice in my studio and perform recording, video, and production in my practice space (same room).

6 Likes