Show us your straps!

You need the hat to go with it.

IMG_4661

4 Likes

That looks good if I’m a strap guy, lol. The Fender USA flag leather strap is my favorite look but I like the nylon quick connection style strap the most. I’m not picky when it comes to straps.

3 Likes

Comfort is where a strap is valuable to me.

4 Likes

This one?

3 Likes

Ya!

3 Likes

Need to do a bit of aging on this strap to go with the aged white of the bass, but…. This is basically a pretty good replica of the original strap the guy in Terry and the Blue Jeans used with this bass. Only one I could find, got it on Etsy - from Australia of all places! Matching gold conchos and all.

12 Likes

Oh that’s perfect yeah

3 Likes

This is my new extra wide leather strap. I’m mildly amazed how much difference it makes as far as comfort level achieved. It goes good with my guitar too.

9 Likes

I love the classic design on each of these, and the colors are gorgeous, imo. The Jaguar strap is by Levy’s, in suede, stays in place really well, and feels good. The other (on the G2220) is a guitar strap in nylon or whatever and is wide enough for that relatively small and lightweight bass, but it does allow for a lot of neck dive. I’ve thought about doing something to fix that… The cheap option would maybe be some kind of patch that has more grip. The much more expensive option would be lightweight tuners.

8 Likes

Got myself a Levy 4.5in wide leather strap and some Schaller S-locks this week. The wide padded strap is a game changer and the S-locks make me feel a lot more at ease about practicing standing up or moving around on my feet with my bass on.

12 Likes

I have one of these, and they are very comfortable and do the job well if not fancy

2 Likes

wanted some conchos for the new MM, this is the 3.5" walker and williams (on reverb). very happy with it.

12 Likes

After an extensive search for the perfect strap for the Punisher bass, I found the actual guy (Carlino’s) who makes the straps for all 3 KISS guys, and has made them for decades for them.
And with the specific instruction of never trying to get the strap signed by Gene (he gets pissed because he sells them signed for $4000!!!), he will make them for us regular folk.

He’s got 3 versions to pick from, from 3 different eras and basses, but I went with the one Gene’s been using on the Punisher. Gene’s isn’t adjustable but he makes this version for us folk.

Man o man is it comfortable, super soft leather and loads of nice padding offset how dang heavy it is on its own.

13 Likes

I never imagined that there were so many books on David Lynch! But it stands to reason there would be.

Vast majority are art complication books.
A few by him and one written by someone else on him.

2 Likes

Congrats! Very nice workmanship.

4 Likes

Saw it. Would’ve preferred black to carbon black, but really liked it. Don’t know if it’s the more “laid back,” jazzy “herringbone jacket days”, or what in particular got me, but my basses will be dressed with these.

12 Likes

Did the matchy-matchy on the ZO-3
Couch Red Sparkle Metal Flake
I own a ton of their straps. All super comfy.

8 Likes

Those are Anthology?

2 Likes

They are. @MikeC https://www.anthologygearwear.com

Vey nice. The leather is going to need some breaking in. I’ve always had 4 “. These came in 2 and 3” and the 3" is perfect for me. They are supposed to use a “premium” (less depressing) padding which allows for it to be a little thinner, yet just as comfortable as thicker padded straps . Time will tell.

4 Likes