Signature Basses

The one type of Bass that I felt was missing from the the GAS video on YouTube was the signature Bass. If there is any kind of Bass that GAS guy really wants to pester me about it‘s those. I found a Steve Harris signature in one of my local music stores recently and that‘s where the problem arose!

5 Likes

Yamaha signature basses are awesome. There’s two I would love to have; the BBPH and the SBV-800MF. Peter Hook and Miki Furukawa’s signature models, respectively.

BBPH:

SBV-800MF:

4 Likes

Oh, yeah, those Basses look awesome! I prefer the shape and color of the red one, just by looking at it. I‘ve never played a Yamaha before though. I would really like to. Do they typically get pricey?

Steve Harris is definitely one of my favorite.

2 Likes

Yamaha are generally midrange, not super expensive, though some of the signature ones can be expensive.

The BBPH (the red one there) is very difficult to find because they made a very small number and they sold out very fast. Their others are at the bottom of the page here:

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/guitars_basses/el_basses/index.html

2 Likes

Steve fanboy here. Got the complete rig:

Fender SHsignature bass - my dreambass that I always wanted but couldn’t justify when I started B2B, but could 2 years in

Tech21 SH1 sansamp

and Rotosound Steve Harris strings

Plus of course the appropriate T-shirt too:

5 Likes

Looks like even Eddie is embarrassed of the West Ham sticker :rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah, Billy Sheehan’s Yamaha Attitude bass is definitely not a splurge at $3K…

2 Likes

literally one for sale a few hours away from me for £2200, wounded I can’t afford it :sob::rofl:

1 Like