Singing

I’d like to take my singing skills from atrocious to below average. Are there any free online resources that you would recommend? I don’t actually want to sing (trust me on that), I only need it to help with my ear training a bit.

5 Likes

Would that course be A2BA? Sorry, cheap shot there. I never sing, was teased as a 6 year old kid for singing and just never ever got over it. I’m 50 next year… Moral of the story, don’t make adult fun of kids… let kids be kids. Oops, got all deep and dark there…sorry.

5 Likes

Actually that’s exactly what happened to me as well. Any interest I had in music was thoroughly killed in primary school where musical education equalled singing, and I had to sing in front of the class. Never considered doing anything music related for 3 decades afterwards…

Anyways, don’t want to take my own thread off topic. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Try Chris Liepe. On YouTube. Used his free lessons for vocals with my band. Had to sing as no one else would :grinning:

5 Likes

I’ve been kicked out of church for singing. I’m still banned at several churches because of it.
It would take a sorceress to transform me into a good singer.

5 Likes

That’s cool! Reminds me of when I was a kid and got kicked out of Sunday School for asking questions. That was certainly a lesson that stuck with me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Luckily as an old punk rock guy I have a deep understanding that it really makes not one flip of difference how good you can sing. X wouldn’t be X without exene’s horrible voice.

3 Likes

https://www.tc-helicon.com/Categories/Tchelicon/Vocal/Stompboxes/VOICETONE-C1/p/P0DDY

Now I don’t do much singing, and did no singing before I started recording in March but this thing gives you a lot more confidence that if you go to far astray there is a safety net. I’ve heard it kick in on occasion and was like…whew money well spent!

1 Like